03-17-2016 10:12 AM
52 123
tools
    No regrets at all! S7 Edge better choice. Bottom line: personal choice at the end. Good Luck!
    03-13-2016 06:30 PM
    I'd be worried about damaging that edge screen, accidentally touching the edge screen, and then the visual distortion of the edge screen
    03-14-2016 12:01 PM
    I'd be worried about damaging that edge screen, accidentally touching the edge screen, and then the visual distortion of the edge screen
    Where I have my Edge apps button is right next to the power button so I'm not going to touch that by mistake. The visual distortion is only obvious on white screens and does not detract. And I have a leather case for each of my phones so am not too worried about damaging them.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    03-14-2016 12:09 PM
    Haven't gotten it yet, but I know I won't have any regrets getting the Edge over the regular S7. I got the Edge for the bigger battery, and because silver is the least bad color of the three but not available on the regular S7, but I do wish the Edge was the same size as the S7 (though thicker for a bigger battery) and came in white. :/
    03-14-2016 12:41 PM
    Where I have my Edge apps button is right next to the power button so I'm not going to touch that by mistake. The visual distortion is only obvious on white screens and does not detract. And I have a leather case for each of my phones so am not too worried about damaging them.

Unless you get a really bulky case, it still won't protect the edge enough
    03-14-2016 02:41 PM
    I have an s6 edge+ and while its not an s7 I will say I totally regret it. The phone is big and I have dropped it luckily I have had a case on every time I have and luckily I haven't dropped it in a weird way and have been incredibly lucky. I would go with the standard one regardless of the cool look the edge gives.
    03-14-2016 02:49 PM
    Unless you get a really bulky case, it still won't protect the edge enough
    I'm not planning on damaging the Edge. I have a leather belt case for it and take it out when I use it.

03-14-2016 03:00 PM
    I love the bigger battery - it was a prime selling point for me. The phone also doesn't feel big in-hand, which is a big plus.

That said, the edge features were not a selling point for me - I would have been just as happy with an S7 IF it also had the larger battery. My only minor nit-pick is the button layout (my prior device was not Samsung) - I hold my phone in my left hand, and sometimes bump the lower left of the edge screen when stretching my thumb to reach the back button. But I'm already adjusting to that so it happens much less than the first day - it's really not that big of a deal. I'm guessing that within a week, I'll find the "normal" layout of other OEM buttons awkward to switch back to using.
    03-14-2016 03:01 PM
    Only for the lack of tempered glass screen protectors.
    Don't be so sure... the S7 got a funky glass profile on it... it's not just the '2.5D' on the edge... the actually starts to move from horizontal farther in, so this is what you get. I talked to the maker and they said that the glass on the S7 is very difficult due to it not being totally flat the whole width. They offered me two plastic ones instead.

Any one regret their choice of S7 edge over the standard S7-image-20160312_095332.jpg
    03-14-2016 03:09 PM
    i am not a big screen person. coming from BlackBerry to the S3 was a major jump for me that i initially didn't like.

i've had the S3, S4, S5, S6 edge, and just got the S7 edge last week. i am still a bit on the fence about the size, but the battery life is so good, i don't want to give it up. i like the edge variant and i actually use the edge screen apps a significant amount, so the regular S7 was not really going to be an option for me.

i have another week to decide, but i think i'm going to keep it and try to get used to the size.
    03-14-2016 03:40 PM
    I can't help but notice the little round marks on the bottom third the screen. Are they air bubbles?
    03-14-2016 03:40 PM
    Love the extra battery on the edge, but I hate gigantic screen.
    Can't decide which one to go...
    03-14-2016 04:02 PM
    I'm actually the opposite. I'm thinking of going to the s7 from my edge since I like smaller phones. the edge is still a little too big for my taste. once I put a case on the edge, it just feels bigger.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 04:18 PM
    I too went with the Edge for the bigger battery. I kind of rushed the decision because I wanted it on the 11th so I could hopefully get the free S2 plus my last phone was starting to act up. I did like the feel of the regular S7 in my hands more in the store but people on this site said it feels much better in a case and they were right. I think once I slap a screen protector on it I won't be as paranoid or afraid to take it out of the house. I guess what I am trying to say is even in just this short time I have had it, I am starting to get used to the feel of it. I am programmed to think that this phone has to last me 2 years until I get another one because I have always bought phones on 2 year contracts, but if I decide I don't like this in 5 or 6 months from now, I'll just sell it on ebay and buy whatever is new and not really lose any money. This is kind of nice to not be under a contract for a change so I don't have to worry about being stuck with it so much. And even though I don't think the Edge function is that big of a deal, I am actually starting to like it and use it's shortcuts. If I had to do it all over again, I am sure I would have been just as happy with the regular S7 but I am happy with this one too.
    03-14-2016 05:42 PM
    The battery swayed my choice
    03-14-2016 05:51 PM
    I'm not planning on damaging the Edge. I have a leather belt case for it and take it out when I use it.

This guy didn't plan on damaging his either:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ge-advice.html
    03-15-2016 03:07 PM
    do you have the power saving option set to on?
    03-15-2016 03:11 PM
    I regret it. I miss my Note 4. I am definitely getting a Note 6 when it comes out this fall. I'll skip the 6 Edge Plus. Honestly, the curved screen does nothing for me and I noticed it interrupts web browsing cause my index finger is holding up the phone by the side of the screen and cause my finger is on the screen, it won't let me scroll up or down when I use my other finger to try and scroll a web page, so I have to take my finger off the side of the screen.

It is just a big hassle. I regret it a lot. Plus, the battery life is poor and some of the OS changes are down right ridiculous!
    03-15-2016 03:15 PM
    ...and then the visual distortion of the edge screen
    Funny, I was sitting next to someone on my commute home from work one day watching a movie on his device. I couldn't help but think how annoying the visual distortion of the edges made the movie appear. Is there a way to crop the movie or shut off the edge feature so your don't get those annoying distorted edges for video/movie watching??
    03-15-2016 03:19 PM
    Funny, I was sitting next to someone on my commute home from work one day watching a movie on his device. I couldn't help but think how annoying the visual distortion of the edges made the movie appear. Is there a way to crop the movie or shut off the edge feature so your don't get those annoying distorted edges for video/movie watching??
    I've wondered that as well. I saw a youtube review of an S6 Edge and it showed a long rocket ship taking off. When the rocket hit the top of the screen, it started bending in one direction on the edge portion. That would annoy the hell out of me
    03-16-2016 08:52 AM
    I actually like the edge effect while watching video. It looks cool and different. After using the 6 Edge plus for six months, my eyes have adapted to it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 10:22 AM
    No regrets. Great battery and it looks cool. No massive bonus to having curved edges on the screen but no real negatives for me either. There's rarely a great deal of content that far to the sides so there is little to distort in most cases.
    03-16-2016 10:49 AM
    This guy didn't plan on damaging his either:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ge-advice.html
    Well, I have never damaged any of my other phones by doing what I've done for years and I'm not going to start now.

03-16-2016 01:11 PM
    Well, I have never damaged any of my other phones by doing what I've done for years and I'm not going to start now.

Everyone drops their phone at some point... Your first time will come.
    03-17-2016 09:15 AM

Everyone drops their phone at some point... Your first time will come.
    It is okay -- some just don't want to use a case and they accept that risk. Cases don't always mean you're safe though. My girlfriend shattered an iPhone 6 in an Otterbox Defender .. I was upset but also impressed on how that was done lol.

I am a mix .. Sometimes I like a case but other times I like to feel the design. It sucks having to choose .
    03-17-2016 09:31 AM
52 123