Any one regret their choice of S7 edge over the standard S7

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the regular s7. I swapped it for the edge. I found the battery in the regular s7 not to be up to my standards.

♡~☆~♡~☆

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
No regrets whatsoever. I got the edge specifically for the larger screen, the larger battery and the edge feature.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'd be worried about damaging that edge screen, accidentally touching the edge screen, and then the visual distortion of the edge screen

Where I have my Edge apps button is right next to the power button so I'm not going to touch that by mistake. The visual distortion is only obvious on white screens and does not detract. And I have a leather case for each of my phones so am not too worried about damaging them.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Haven't gotten it yet, but I know I won't have any regrets getting the Edge over the regular S7. I got the Edge for the bigger battery, and because silver is the least bad color of the three but not available on the regular S7, but I do wish the Edge was the same size as the S7 (though thicker for a bigger battery) and came in white. :/

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Where I have my Edge apps button is right next to the power button so I'm not going to touch that by mistake. The visual distortion is only obvious on white screens and does not detract. And I have a leather case for each of my phones so am not too worried about damaging them.

Unless you get a really bulky case, it still won't protect the edge enough

hypnero

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an s6 edge+ and while its not an s7 I will say I totally regret it. The phone is big and I have dropped it luckily I have had a case on every time I have and luckily I haven't dropped it in a weird way and have been incredibly lucky. I would go with the standard one regardless of the cool look the edge gives.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Unless you get a really bulky case, it still won't protect the edge enough

I'm not planning on damaging the Edge. I have a leather belt case for it and take it out when I use it.

AllynKC

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I love the bigger battery - it was a prime selling point for me. The phone also doesn't feel big in-hand, which is a big plus.

That said, the edge features were not a selling point for me - I would have been just as happy with an S7 IF it also had the larger battery. My only minor nit-pick is the button layout (my prior device was not Samsung) - I hold my phone in my left hand, and sometimes bump the lower left of the edge screen when stretching my thumb to reach the back button. But I'm already adjusting to that so it happens much less than the first day - it's really not that big of a deal. I'm guessing that within a week, I'll find the "normal" layout of other OEM buttons awkward to switch back to using.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Only for the lack of tempered glass screen protectors.

Don't be so sure... the S7 got a funky glass profile on it... it's not just the '2.5D' on the edge... the actually starts to move from horizontal farther in, so this is what you get. I talked to the maker and they said that the glass on the S7 is very difficult due to it not being totally flat the whole width. They offered me two plastic ones instead.

image-20160312_095332.jpg

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i am not a big screen person. coming from BlackBerry to the S3 was a major jump for me that i initially didn't like.

i've had the S3, S4, S5, S6 edge, and just got the S7 edge last week. i am still a bit on the fence about the size, but the battery life is so good, i don't want to give it up. i like the edge variant and i actually use the edge screen apps a significant amount, so the regular S7 was not really going to be an option for me.

i have another week to decide, but i think i'm going to keep it and try to get used to the size.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually the opposite. I'm thinking of going to the s7 from my edge since I like smaller phones. the edge is still a little too big for my taste. once I put a case on the edge, it just feels bigger.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I too went with the Edge for the bigger battery. I kind of rushed the decision because I wanted it on the 11th so I could hopefully get the free S2 plus my last phone was starting to act up. I did like the feel of the regular S7 in my hands more in the store but people on this site said it feels much better in a case and they were right. I think once I slap a screen protector on it I won't be as paranoid or afraid to take it out of the house. I guess what I am trying to say is even in just this short time I have had it, I am starting to get used to the feel of it. I am programmed to think that this phone has to last me 2 years until I get another one because I have always bought phones on 2 year contracts, but if I decide I don't like this in 5 or 6 months from now, I'll just sell it on ebay and buy whatever is new and not really lose any money. This is kind of nice to not be under a contract for a change so I don't have to worry about being stuck with it so much. And even though I don't think the Edge function is that big of a deal, I am actually starting to like it and use it's shortcuts. If I had to do it all over again, I am sure I would have been just as happy with the regular S7 but I am happy with this one too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci