Please help..S7 Edge - USB Audio in Car

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
With my old phone being an iPhone, you could plug in USB and have everything display on the OEM car head unit screen like artist,song title,album name, and time lapsed from any music source (itunes,pandora,amazon prime music,Google play, etc).

My '12 maxima has the color lcd for the backup camera and menus,etc but when I try to connect my S7 edge via USB it just gives (check connected device) error!! I have Bluetooth for calls but not for music audio so that's not an option,although it pairs up immediately with no issue..And as previously reported here in the forums, the aux port in the SD820 s7 edge gives bad quality and extreme static at high volumes.

Do you guys know of any other options to get the S7 edge to play via USB, or will I have to stick with this horrible iPhone for my audio??
I enabled developer options to see what all USB options were available and no dice.

Please help!!!! 😳😳

Posted via the Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
With my old phone being an iPhone, you could plug in USB and have everything display on the OEM car head unit screen like artist,song title,album name, and time lapsed from any music source (itunes,pandora,amazon prime music,Google play, etc).

My '12 maxima has the color lcd for the backup camera and menus,etc but when I try to connect my S7 edge via USB it just gives (check connected device) error!! I have Bluetooth for calls but not for music audio so that's not an option,although it pairs up immediately with no issue..And as previously reported here in the forums, the aux port in the SD820 s7 edge gives bad quality and extreme static at high volumes.

Do you guys know of any other options to get the S7 edge to play via USB, or will I have to stick with this horrible iPhone for my audio??
I enabled developer options to see what all USB options were available and no dice.

Please help!!!! ????????????

When you plug it in, are you checking the notifications field for the different USB connection options?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Please help!!!! ????????????

So connecting via bluetooth your audio isn't working only Voice? For 2012 model year you should be able to do both.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When you plug it in, are you checking the notifications field for the different USB connection options?

Yes I did,and I went thru each one..there were 4..none routed audio to the car..music continued to play thru the bottom speaker of the phone. I restarted both the phone and car,and also disconnected and reconnected the USB to be on the safe side.

Same situation occurs.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So connecting via bluetooth your audio isn't working only Voice? For 2012 model year you should be able to do both.

It depends on what trim level you have. In my particular model only Bluetooth for calls is present..Bluetooth audio streaming is only present in those with the premium package/ navigation option,which mine lacks..so USB or a/v aux are my only options.

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same situation with a 2012 Sierra. My old iPhone 4S would play through USB but no Android phone will do so. At least none that I have had. Nexus 5. Note 4. Now the S7 Edge. And when I had a Windows Phone Lumia 920, that wouldn't work either. Some day it will **** me off enough that I will buy an aftermarket unit for my truck.

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same situation with a 2012 Sierra. My old iPhone 4S would play through USB but no Android phone will do so. At least none that I have had. Nexus 5. Note 4. Now the S7 Edge. And when I had a Windows Phone Lumia 920, that wouldn't work either. Some day it will **** me off enough that I will buy an aftermarket unit for my truck.

I know right...I feel like it's something I could be overlooking because android is such and open platform that the ability should be there

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks man I appreciate it.

I have that thing in my DD car which is a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. Unfortunately no audio over BT and the USB port only gets along with iPhones so I was forced to buy that. I just have it hooked up to a power bank and plugged into the AUX port in my glovebox. Recharge the power bank in my place once every couple of months and I'm good to go. It's a ZeroLemon solar charging power bank so I just stick it on the dash to recharge here and there. Works because I live in sunny LA :).

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have that thing in my DD car which is a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. Unfortunately no audio over BT and the USB port only gets along with iPhones so I was forced to buy that. I just have it hooked up to a power bank and plugged into the AUX port in my glovebox. Recharge the power bank in my place once every couple of months and I'm good to go. It's a ZeroLemon solar charging power bank so I just stick it on the dash to recharge here and there. Works because I live in sunny LA :).

I just left LA 2 days ago..birthday celebration..I overdosed on In-n-Out burger lol..we don't have them on the east coast

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I just left LA 2 days ago..birthday celebration..I overdosed on In-n-Out burger lol..we don't have them on the east coast

Well we don't have Shake Shack in LA so I get my fill whenever I go to NYC. The grass is always greener on the other side eh? :)

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Please help!!!! 😳😳

Most vehicles including my Chevy won't work with android devices. They set them up for ios and that's about it. It used to be a big iPod thing...

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Most vehicles including my Chevy won't work with android devices. They set them up for ios and that's about it. It used to be a big iPod thing...

Yea seems that way...sux that I will have to spend money just to get my new s7 edge to play right with my car...we need exynos in the US next year Samsung!

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Exynos won't make any difference. I have an Exynos device and the S7 Edge won't connect with my GMC either. Bluetooth music or USB music, that is. Bluetooth phone calls do work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power