06-29-2017 08:37 AM
29 12
tools
    With my old phone being an iPhone, you could plug in USB and have everything display on the OEM car head unit screen like artist,song title,album name, and time lapsed from any music source (itunes,pandora,amazon prime music,Google play, etc).

My '12 maxima has the color lcd for the backup camera and menus,etc but when I try to connect my S7 edge via USB it just gives (check connected device) error!! I have Bluetooth for calls but not for music audio so that's not an option,although it pairs up immediately with no issue..And as previously reported here in the forums, the aux port in the SD820 s7 edge gives bad quality and extreme static at high volumes.

Do you guys know of any other options to get the S7 edge to play via USB, or will I have to stick with this horrible iPhone for my audio??
    I enabled developer options to see what all USB options were available and no dice.

Please help!!!! 😳😳

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 05:01 PM
    With my old phone being an iPhone, you could plug in USB and have everything display on the OEM car head unit screen like artist,song title,album name, and time lapsed from any music source (itunes,pandora,amazon prime music,Google play, etc).

My '12 maxima has the color lcd for the backup camera and menus,etc but when I try to connect my S7 edge via USB it just gives (check connected device) error!! I have Bluetooth for calls but not for music audio so that's not an option,although it pairs up immediately with no issue..And as previously reported here in the forums, the aux port in the SD820 s7 edge gives bad quality and extreme static at high volumes.

Do you guys know of any other options to get the S7 edge to play via USB, or will I have to stick with this horrible iPhone for my audio??
    I enabled developer options to see what all USB options were available and no dice.

Please help!!!!

When you plug it in, are you checking the notifications field for the different USB connection options?
    03-12-2016 05:05 PM

Please help!!!!

So connecting via bluetooth your audio isn't working only Voice? For 2012 model year you should be able to do both.
    03-12-2016 05:07 PM
    When you plug it in, are you checking the notifications field for the different USB connection options?
    Yes I did,and I went thru each one..there were 4..none routed audio to the car..music continued to play thru the bottom speaker of the phone. I restarted both the phone and car,and also disconnected and reconnected the USB to be on the safe side.

Same situation occurs.

03-12-2016 05:17 PM
    So connecting via bluetooth your audio isn't working only Voice? For 2012 model year you should be able to do both.
    It depends on what trim level you have. In my particular model only Bluetooth for calls is present..Bluetooth audio streaming is only present in those with the premium package/ navigation option,which mine lacks..so USB or a/v aux are my only options.

03-12-2016 05:19 PM
    I have the same situation with a 2012 Sierra. My old iPhone 4S would play through USB but no Android phone will do so. At least none that I have had. Nexus 5. Note 4. Now the S7 Edge. And when I had a Windows Phone Lumia 920, that wouldn't work either. Some day it will **** me off enough that I will buy an aftermarket unit for my truck.

03-12-2016 05:37 PM
    I have the same situation with a 2012 Sierra. My old iPhone 4S would play through USB but no Android phone will do so. At least none that I have had. Nexus 5. Note 4. Now the S7 Edge. And when I had a Windows Phone Lumia 920, that wouldn't work either. Some day it will **** me off enough that I will buy an aftermarket unit for my truck.

I know right...I feel like it's something I could be overlooking because android is such and open platform that the ability should be there

03-12-2016 05:47 PM
    If you can't make it work, there's always this option:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU5055369

Not the most ideal but it works great. Hopefully you can figure it out and make it work in your car though.
    03-12-2016 05:50 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU5055374

Not the most ideal but it works great. Hopefully you can figure it out and make it work in your car though.
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

03-12-2016 05:54 PM
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

I have that thing in my DD car which is a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. Unfortunately no audio over BT and the USB port only gets along with iPhones so I was forced to buy that. I just have it hooked up to a power bank and plugged into the AUX port in my glovebox. Recharge the power bank in my place once every couple of months and I'm good to go. It's a ZeroLemon solar charging power bank so I just stick it on the dash to recharge here and there. Works because I live in sunny LA .
    03-12-2016 05:58 PM
    I have that thing in my DD car which is a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. Unfortunately no audio over BT and the USB port only gets along with iPhones so I was forced to buy that. I just have it hooked up to a power bank and plugged into the AUX port in my glovebox. Recharge the power bank in my place once every couple of months and I'm good to go. It's a ZeroLemon solar charging power bank so I just stick it on the dash to recharge here and there. Works because I live in sunny LA .
    I just left LA 2 days ago..birthday celebration..I overdosed on In-n-Out burger lol..we don't have them on the east coast

03-12-2016 06:40 PM
    I just left LA 2 days ago..birthday celebration..I overdosed on In-n-Out burger lol..we don't have them on the east coast

Well we don't have Shake Shack in LA so I get my fill whenever I go to NYC. The grass is always greener on the other side eh?
    03-12-2016 07:26 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU5055609

That is what i was going to suggest.
    03-12-2016 08:24 PM
    Hey, get your own thoughts

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V
    03-12-2016 08:48 PM

Please help!!!! 😳😳

Most vehicles including my Chevy won't work with android devices. They set them up for ios and that's about it. It used to be a big iPod thing...

03-12-2016 08:59 PM
    Well we don't have Shake Shack in LA so I get my fill whenever I go to NYC. The grass is always greener on the other side eh?
    LOL 🙌

03-12-2016 09:00 PM
    Most vehicles including my Chevy won't work with android devices. They set them up for ios and that's about it. It used to be a big iPod thing...

Yea seems that way...sux that I will have to spend money just to get my new s7 edge to play right with my car...we need exynos in the US next year Samsung!

03-12-2016 09:02 PM
    Exynos won't make any difference. I have an Exynos device and the S7 Edge won't connect with my GMC either. Bluetooth music or USB music, that is. Bluetooth phone calls do work.

03-13-2016 09:50 AM
    We have one now! Just opened in West Hollywood.
    03-21-2016 01:59 AM
    Wonder if it's coding just for Apple products or a USB audio pass through problem? Would be curious to see what this player would do for USB dacs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audioplayerpro

03-21-2016 02:32 AM
    I have the same problem it worked with my old phone(S3 mini) since they updated my phone it stopped working. So I think it's Androids fault. You may need a new radio. :/

03-21-2016 04:02 AM
    Just curious but are maybe your expectations wrong. Can your radio play music from a flash drive. I am not familiar with USB audio passthrough, but could you simply put music on your phone then use it as a flash drive so your head unit could play music from it.

I would also point out this isn't a limitation of the phone, but your car.

03-21-2016 05:34 AM
    I suspect the problem with USB is not that that Android can't present the audio via USB, because a memory stick does not present audio at USB, i think its that Apple/Memory Stick presents the MP3 folder as the root of the device and that with Android the car is not smart enough to find the MP3 folder.

Oh, btw, i have one of those BT plug into Aux devices and it works great on my Luddite cars.
    03-21-2016 05:44 AM
    Is it possible for an App to be written which emulates this behavior. In the setup of the app set the root folder even if it is not the root folder of the file system? Almost like mapping a drive to a specific folder.

Byron ...
    08-27-2016 04:02 PM
    Is it possible for an App to be written which emulates this behavior. In the setup of the app set the root folder even if it is not the root folder of the file system? Almost like mapping a drive to a specific folder.

Byron ...
    When I plug my android into my Chevy (2012 equinox) it says certified for Vista and it plays whatever music I have on the internal storage on my phone not the SD card. The phone's I used to were my Note 7, S7 Edge, Note 5, note 4 I think. I can't remember if it did for my LG phones that I had before but I can say it did with my Samsungs. It just doesn't do audio pass-through just MP3 files that are on the device.

Edit:
    So ran a test on my way home and it can see the music on my SD too. I'm using a note 7 with a 200gb card. I currently use an iPhone to play Pandora in the car due to a lack of audio passthrough on my Android. But it's good to know I can start up my MP3 collection on my phone again if I wanted to. Hopefully my next car has Android auto lol.
    09-13-2016 09:46 PM
29 12