Best Buy Offer

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Purchased 2 Verizon S7 edges at full retail and they would not give me the free stuff. :'(
Said they had to be on a device payment or new 2 year agreement.

Anyone get the free stuff at full retail?
I have Verizon and paid full price for my S7 Edge. Walked out of Best Buy with the free Gear VR and SD card. No hassle, didn't even have to ask.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Best thing about the free VR is the 'free' part. I tried mine once ....
Thing is I really don't have any need for VR. I'd much rather have Watch gear. Someone said there was a choice but that may have been with the Samsung only offer, not going through BB.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How's the quality of the Gear VR? And what kind of content is even available for it?

I'm enjoying the VR. It's much better quality than Google Cardboard, which made me feel nauseous. I've never tried the more expensive VR units.

The content is a mixed bag. I'm enjoying a lot of material. The Ocean Reef swimming experience is amazing. There's a kart racing game that is spectacular, too. There are a number of space games/experiences that are great. You can watch Netflix through it, too. The Van Gogh tribute lets you walk through a painting.

I'm enjoying it and glad to have the VR, but there are still some limitations. I spend a lot of time waiting for content to download. Aside from Netflix, I tend to have difficulty streaming content so I need to download it. I haven't tried YouTube on it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Got mine used the vr once and put it away since all the apps u need to pay for vr and need a controller..

There is a lot of content that doesn't require a gamepad. I've only seen a couple of games that required one.

If you do want a gamepad, you can get a decent one for $30 from Amazon. The Moga Hero Power is very compact and works fine with Gear VR.

Posted via the Android Central App

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
While checking on availability for the phone I wanted, found unavailable either online or store. However, for those talking about paying upfront, the website lists the lower price at ~$790 but the phone is inactivated. So, how did you activate your phones?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
780 plus tax. Best Buy in Winston Salem, NC. I did Pre-order online.
Just to follow-up, you purchased the phone up front with cash/credit. However, the BB website lists the lower price at ~$790 but only if the phone is inactivated. Was yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze