Motion Photos

mistus

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Does somebody know how to watch motion photos (taken on the S7 edge) on pc or mac?
It seems that the motion photo .jpeg files (8-11mb) are about double the size of normal photos (3-5mb). But I have not jet found a way to "watch" the motion photo jpegs.
It would be a slight bummer if it is not possible.

mistus

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Its only on the phone, same as how the iPhone does it.

That is incorrect. You can view live photos taken on the iPhone on your computer as the iPhone saves both a .jpeg and a .mov file. So you can view the .mov file on your computer.

My problem is that the S7 seems to somehow save the ".mov" file within the .jpeg it saves (differences in size to normal photos). Since the information is clearly there (more filesize), I was wandering if you could somehow watch it / extract it, so you have a .mov file or similar

Slipurson

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That is incorrect. You can view live photos taken on the iPhone on your computer as the iPhone saves both a .jpeg and a .mov file. So you can view the .mov file on your computer.

My problem is that the S7 seems to somehow save the ".mov" file within the .jpeg it saves (differences in size to normal photos). Since the information is clearly there (more filesize), I was wandering if you could somehow watch it / extract it, so you have a .mov file or similar

They cannot be exported at this time.

They can now tho, share as video :)