People with WIFI issues, force your router to use only IPv4

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
7 of my last 9 replies on this forums have been about the same. It seems that with Marshmallow, people with different devices, not just S7 or Edge, are having all sort of WiFi issues, and for the most part it's fixed by simply changing your WiFi connection to use IPv4 instead of the apparently default IPv6.

So, if you are one of those with issues, force your WiFi router to use only IPv4.

Last edited:

rsandor1963

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
this worked for me thanks. i was not able to download anything off google play from my att uverse wifi until i turned off ipv6 as suggested. thank you for the info.

bob

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I contacted optimum whom I currently have my router with and they said their router is on ipv4. I am having lots of issues on wifi. Not loading any Web pages and apps aren't loading. My wifi on all my other devices are fine, ipad, MacBook etc

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
this worked for me thanks. i was not able to download anything off google play from my att uverse wifi until i turned off ipv6 as suggested. thank you for the info.

bob

I too have att-uverse wifi. Can you tell me where you find this setting to turn it (ipv6) off? Thanks...

Last edited:

anukilimanoor

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using 240Mbps broadband connection and I can able to get 220Mbps in my laptop speed test. But when I check the speed via my mobile I can able to get maximum of 95 to 98Mbps. And when I check the connection, the phone is connected to 144Mbps but my laptop is connecting into the same wifi with 300Mbps. Why is it so?

Ds Vtoutain

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
How do you FORCE it to use IPv4? I am having this same problem with my S7 Edge. It's driving me crazy. How do I change the setting my my ASUS router from IPv6 (which it is now) to IPv4?? Thanks!

Quitzel

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm using 240Mbps broadband connection and I can able to get 220Mbps in my laptop speed test. But when I check the speed via my mobile I can able to get maximum of 95 to 98Mbps. And when I check the connection, the phone is connected to 144Mbps but my laptop is connecting into the same wifi with 300Mbps. Why is it so?

Wi-Fi connections depend not only up on the router, but also upon the device. Think of it like your kitchen faucet. It can't handle all of the water coming into your house being spewed through it at once. It's similar with your phone. The laptop is more like your garden hose, which will take a lot more water than the faucet.

Mobile devices are often used to move smaller files, like messages, rather than larger files World of Warcraft. Even a movie is less than 2Gb. This leads them to put cheaper wireless chips in them, so that they maximize profits and don't have to charge $1800 for the new phones.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Then there is AT&T Uverse, which used some weird kind of pseudo-IPv6 that mucks things up.

Go into your modem/router settings and under the IPv6 settings just disable it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar