04-06-2016 10:50 PM
73 123
tools
    Uh, no. I never use a phone naked. This phone will shatter if it comes in contact with cement or a hard floor.

Your OP is giving me anxiety.
    03-13-2016 11:10 PM
    I have a clear spigen case but I'm considering going naked because it feels so nice. My only concern is fingerprints. I could care less about dropping it... My $10 spigen you case isn't going to save it and I have insurance anyway.
    rkkeller and jimbo1mcm like this.
    03-14-2016 12:49 AM
    I don't normally use a case but I have ordered a Neo Hybrid from Spigen for the S7 Edge. The phone is too thin, rounded and slippery for my taste and fingerprints are a constant battle. I considered a skin and may get one if the case doesn't live up to expectations.
    03-14-2016 04:16 AM
    Dbrand leather effect skin for me, should be arriving soon. Thought even if I did drop it the skin will cover up the cracks for me. Can't believe one of these thin cases will provide that much protection as well.
    03-14-2016 04:26 AM
    you guys going naked with this phone are nutz!

No way for me.
    recDNA and felloffthetruck like this.
    03-14-2016 04:54 AM
    I have a clear spigen case but I'm considering going naked because it feels so nice. My only concern is fingerprints. I could care less about dropping it... My $10 spigen you case isn't going to save it and I have insurance anyway.

That is how I am thinking. My thin clear TPU case is not really going to prevent much damage anyway.
    03-14-2016 07:33 AM

Also, despite having tiny hands I was bumping the Edge and other places 90% of the time. A case allows me to have ergonomic hand holding with the phone so I'm not touching everything.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    I have been going back and forth on getting a case. At first, I thought no way am I going to cover any part of this phone.

But, then is slipped out of my pocket a couple of times and I thought I had better get a case.

However, coming from an S4, I have learned to be careful about what pockets I put my larger, slippery S7E phone in.

To your point about hand size, I have large hands, so holding and using my S7E with one hand without unwanted screen taps, as well as it not slipping from my hand, is not an issue for me.

Now I'm curious if your hand size is part of your consideration whether or not you get a case?
    03-14-2016 08:08 AM
    I have been going back and forth on getting a case. At first, I thought no way am I going to cover any part of this phone.

But, then is slipped out of my pocket a couple of times and I thought I had better get a case.

However, coming from an S4, I have learned to be careful about what pockets I put my larger, slippery S7E phone in.

To your point about hand size, I have large hands, so holding and using my S7E with one hand without unwanted screen taps, as well as it not slipping from my hand, is not an issue for me.

Now I'm curious if your hand size is part of your consideration whether or not you get a case?
    My first consideration was I launched the phone across my office at work and it smacked the hardwood like a champion. I panicked and kept it on the desk all night.

Then I noticed using it one handed I kept bumping something or the other while texting etc. So I solidified my choice in going with a case.

I went with my go to, Urban Armor Gear in Ice (clear and black). Best decision ever. I'll post up a pic later.

Ergonomics changed completely and for the better. I still nudge it sometimes, but I think it's cause I'm getting used to the curved screen, but much much better and UAG makes it look too damn good.

03-14-2016 08:54 AM
    you guys going naked with this phone are nutz!

No way for me.
    Kinda have to agree with what he said! ^^^
    03-14-2016 09:00 AM
    Can't go naked so I bought the Samsung clear case for normal day to day use. It's minimal and keeps the natural feel of the edge. I'm also going to get the UAG case for use while camping or on the motorcycle. http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=KPhFKH_A
    Bodrul likes this.
    03-14-2016 09:10 AM
    Boom

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    Attached Thumbnails Going naked?  Removed my case and no SS.-9083.jpg  
    03-14-2016 09:26 AM
    Boom

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom
    Really????

Love ya, but gotta say that may well be the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen (after pretty much any of the Kardashians).
    SR45, jimbo1mcm and AustinTech like this.
    03-14-2016 09:29 AM
    I'm always naked, on every phone I own for the most part. Millions of dollars is spent to make these things look and feel pretty. I want to use it as the designers intended. I will buy insurance just in case and enjoy the phone in all it's naked, slippery glory.
    Same here. That's what insurance is for!
    Bodrul, ClintRo, GMC262 and 1 others like this.
    03-14-2016 10:02 AM
    Without a case, I am constantly accidentally activating apps along the side of the phone, especially when I pick it up. The fatal flaw with edge to edge screens like the S7 Edge.
    03-14-2016 10:47 AM
    No way I will be not now I'm on the Samsung contract where I get a new phone every 12 months if it's in great condition!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 12:50 PM
    As much as I would love to see it naked all the time because they are sure sexy I would worry every moment of the day I had my s6 edge+ outside of my pocket. I worry now with a case on because of the curved sides. Good for you being able to go naked but I would personally rather not take the risk.
    03-14-2016 02:47 PM
    Placed my order today for both s7e and a case. Spygen neo hybrid, those guys have some pretty good-looking cases !!

Posted from LG G3
    Attached Thumbnails Going naked?  Removed my case and no SS.-124196.jpg  
    03-14-2016 04:21 PM
    Personally, even I don't like to use any case for my phone, but just to be over-protective, and if I get a case which looks stylish & compact, I'd use it.
    03-15-2016 06:06 AM
    Phone looks very nice but feels very slippery in my hands ,especially when am on the train . i didnt want to get a case but this phone looks too nice to have a dent or scratch

Just ordered a Case Neo Hybrid Crystal , hoping it doesn't make the phone feel too big. dont think i'll get a screen protector though

Attachment 220086
    Attachment 220087
    i have that case right now, it's pretty nice, but i'm debating if i want to keep using it. i really like the feel of phones without a case.

the lip on the top and bottom of the case kind of bother me. but it is a nice case.
    03-15-2016 12:51 PM
    i have that case right now, it's pretty nice, but i'm debating if i want to keep using it. i really like the feel of phones without a case.

the lip on the top and bottom of the case kind of bother me. but it is a nice case.
    That lip at the top and bottom is there so that yo can place the phone upside down without the display touching the surface. It also lets the people edge panel function when you get a call.
    03-15-2016 01:13 PM
    Thought about it but no way. It's beautiful until that 1 time you accidently drop it. That's not worth $200+ insurance. I have the tech 21 case and is great.
    And then insurance might not have it in stock, even if you were willing to pay the deductible...
    03-15-2016 01:53 PM
    I have been rocking my Note 4 naked since I bought it at launch! No issues. I just treat my phone with care and make sure it's secure in my pocket.
    03-15-2016 04:31 PM
    Really????

Love ya, but gotta say that may well be the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen (after pretty much any of the Kardashians).
    Ouch. To each their own.

03-15-2016 06:39 PM
    Sometimes I do go caseless but it's either at work, where I know it will be just sitting on the desk, or for events where I know I won't be moving around too much.

Btw, I went with the Spigen liquid crystal case and you can still show off the phone this way.

03-15-2016 06:50 PM
    I took my Skinomi screen protector off today. It was rubbery feeling and was actually covering too much of the screen- when I put the cases on the phone, the edges peeled up at top and bottom. #fail. Trying to find a good one now....

03-15-2016 09:54 PM
73 123