Going naked? Removed my case and no SS.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I bought a thin clear TPU case and put my S7 Edge in it almost as soon as I got it. Last night I was watching a lot of YT reviews and saw how nice the phone looks naked, next thing I know I was removing the case.

The phone is so thin and looks amazing. It also feels so good in my hand that I don't want to put it back on even though I know I should. It also now looks like the S7 Edge and not the look of just any other Android phone in a case.

Anyone else totally naked? FWIW, I did sign up for insurance thru my carrier also last night.:cool:

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thought about it but no way. It's beautiful until that 1 time you accidently drop it. That's not worth $200+ insurance. I have the tech 21 case and is great.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
We put my old S6 with a Glass screen protector in the VR gear headset. And you had to take the phone out of the case.
The glass screen protector got broke on the S6 putting it in the VR headset.
SO I didn't get a screen protector for my S7 Edge. Nor did I get a case for it.
I had a Platinum leather case that clipped on my side that I stuck my S7 in.
They have insurance to cover everything, Even from it getting Stolen if you want it at Best Buy.

I'm liking the heck out of this phone.

sjfwhite

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going naked with my S7 Edge. Like you, I bought a minimalist case (Spigen) but it just spoils the look and feel of the device. I will undoubtedly regret this once I drop it, however the results from the most widely shown drop test show that the phone does pretty good from waist height onto concrete. Not that i'd want to try it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still naked. I did order a clear case but won't have it for awhile... So just enjoying it for now (while also being as careful as I can).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm always naked, on every phone I own for the most part. Millions of dollars is spent to make these things look and feel pretty. I want to use it as the designers intended. I will buy insurance just in case and enjoy the phone in all it's naked, slippery glory.

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Phone looks very nice but feels very slippery in my hands ,especially when am on the train . i didnt want to get a case but this phone looks too nice to have a dent or scratch :)

Just ordered a Case Neo Hybrid Crystal , hoping it doesn't make the phone feel too big. dont think i'll get a screen protector though

14306_2f1455219394_2fs7_edge_nh_cr_detail06_gunmetal_1024x1024.jpg
14306_2f1455219413_2fs7_edge_nh_cr_detail08_silver_1024x1024.jpg

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got an original Samsung TPU case for mine. Yes, it does take away from the absolutely stunning looks of the phone but it also makes it easier to hold and avoids screen touch issues for me

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've gone naked with every phone I've had until the S6 Edge came along. I can't hold the phone the way I want without touches on the edge screen being registered. Same deal with the S7. My Note 5 is being used without a case though.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
You may want to try a clear skin. Protects against scratches, not as slippery as naked. Yet provides the naked look.

Posted via the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Phone looks very nice but feels very slippery in my hands ,especially when am on the train . i didnt want to get a case but this phone looks too nice to have a dent or scratch :)

Just ordered a Case Neo Hybrid Crystal , hoping it doesn't make the phone feel too big. dont think i'll get a screen protector though

View attachment 220086
View attachment 220087

I have one on my S7 edge right now. It's pretty low profile so it does not interfere much with the curved edges but it adds quite a bit of a ring around the phone especially on the top and bottom edges. All in all it isn't real bad and I feel it will offer decent protection but it does definitely take away from the beautiful design of this device. Still not going naked though. A broken screen or back side would look much worse and with two young kids I'm not taking any chances.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You may want to try a clear skin. Protects against scratches, not as slippery as naked. Yet provides the naked look.

Tried it on the S6, didn't work very well. I need the gap only a case can provide. Now if only Samsung extended the frame from the glass a tiny bit. I love how it looks, hate how it forces you to hold the phone.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Have a CF back from dbrands for the Note 5. Love the look and it does offer a slightly grippier surface. Best part is though, no fingerprints all over the back!

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No best buy doesn't sell them. I picked up the neo hybrid ultra and the neo hybrid. So far just sporting the neo hybrid silver on my black s7 edge.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When I think about a case I kind of wish the s7 were the same size as the edge 7. The case kind of covers the edges but the s7 is too small.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I tried to go naked. But within six hours of having the phone I sent it on a cross country trip across the office at work. Hardwood floors and beautiful phone don't mesh well.

Also, despite having tiny hands I was bumping the Edge and other places 90% of the time. A case allows me to have ergonomic hand holding with the phone so I'm not touching everything.

I came from a Nexus 6P, which is a giant phone with a flat screen, so I had to make adjustments.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
When I think about a case I kind of wish the s7 were the same size as the edge 7. The case kind of covers the edges but the s7 is too small.

And that's how Samsung bumps you to the Note line. Want a larger phone that's not curved? Buy our Note!

I tried to go naked. But within six hours of having the phone I sent it on a cross country trip across the office at work. Hardwood floors and beautiful phone don't mesh well.

Also, despite having tiny hands I was bumping the Edge and other places 90% of the time. A case allows me to have ergonomic hand holding with the phone so I'm not touching everything.

I came from a Nexus 6P, which is a giant phone with a flat screen, so I had to make adjustments.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Morning bebe!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary