Annoyance - moving apps to SD card

kpreachers

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
On my S5, I could just go into Applications, swipe over once to see what apps where able to go onto SD cards and then check the ones I want to move and then move them. With the S7 Edge, I have to go into Storage, Used Space, and then have to go through every single app to see what can be moved and then move it. This takes so long.

Any other ideas for doing this more efficiently?

Posted via the Android Central App

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure. I would like to know too. I thought I moved my apps to the SD card but it looks like they are still taking up all my internal memory. I'm trying to install FF 9 but I don't have any room. Can I install directly to the SD card?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure. I would like to know too. I thought I moved my apps to the SD card but it looks like they are still taking up all my internal memory. I'm trying to install FF 9 but I don't have any room. Can I install directly to the SD card?

Nope. You have to install to the phone and then move to the SD card. It doesn't completely move everything over though.

In your case, I would look into getting the adoptable storage option.

Here's how to configure adoptable storage on your S7 / S7 Edge - Android - MoDaCo

kpreachers

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Nope. You dont have to wait for it to finish before moving on to the next app if that helps

That wasn't the issue. I know I don't have to wait. It is that I can't see on one screen what can move to SD card and what can't. I have to click on every app to see where it is located and if it can be moved. This was so much easier before when they were all on one screen

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
That wasn't the issue. I know I don't have to wait. It is that I can't see on one screen what can move to SD card and what can't. I have to click on every app to see where it is located and if it can be moved. This was so much easier before when they were all on one screen

Oh, same answer though...no.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Can someone please share the steps for moving apps and any data saved on the device storage to the sd card so it doesn't disrupt functionality? When I went into my files and moved my music, my music and play lists were no longer accessible in Google Play music app