What does Samsung "Backup and Restore" actually backup?

dodgeboy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for almost 2 weeks now (T-Mobile), and I'm not getting near the battery life that most people on here are seeing. As a result, I want to do a factory reset and restore my apps selectively. In the past, I've always used Titanium Backup for this purpose, and it can restore all of the settings/data for each app. But it requires root, which I obviously don't have. I backed up my phone with the Samsung Backup and Restore feature (in the settings menu). It was disturbingly quick, so I can only assume it's not backing up the data for my apps. Has anyone used this, and can you report on whether it saved the actual app data (where you're at in a game, login information, etc.)?

I used Helium to get most of my apps/data on the phone (transferred from my LG V10). I'd like to avoid doing that again, if possible, just in case it has something to do with my phone's inability to idle.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Believe it just backs up your phone settings, Samsung apps, and apps you downloaded from the Galaxy app store.

Could be totally wrong though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke