On my SIII I could create a non-app shortcut, like a sub-setting, by holding on the screen. S7 blank area hold is similar, but I don't see any way to create a shortcut, just adding widget. The Edge panel for shortcuts appears very limited and does not include any settings. I would like to shortcut the setting for turning the AOD on and off.
    03-13-2016 12:16 PM
    I don't know about native S7 functions, but if you ultimately can't find it, try Power Toggles.
    03-13-2016 12:56 PM
    I'm not sure if this will work with the S7 but worth a try. Long press on the home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find "settings", tap & hold and drag it to the screen, check the different options available on that list.

If it doesn't work you could try using a custom launcher like Nova and search for such an option under Shortcuts or Activities.
    03-13-2016 01:00 PM
    I don't know about native S7 functions, but if you ultimately can't find it, try Power Toggles.
    Thanks, will take a look at that.
    03-13-2016 01:23 PM
    I'm not sure if this will work with the S7 but worth a try. Long press on the home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find "settings", tap & hold and drag it to the screen, check the different options available on that list.
    Unfortunately Settings isn't listed. There are actually very few widgets available, most of them from apps I installed. Found that very surprising, along with the omission of shortcuts from a long press. Progress I guess.
    03-13-2016 01:26 PM
    Anyone find anything?
    I recall way back in the days, there was such app that you could install from the store that would allow you to create shortcuts of anything in the settings sub-menu. Most apps I've researched today just allow you to make a shortcut of another app or a setting toggle(which we don't need more of). I for example would like to make a shortcut of "night clock" or stuff like this.
    03-15-2016 02:49 PM
    Only way I have been able to do this is through another launcher. I use Nova and really like it.
    03-15-2016 04:02 PM
    Only way I have been able to do this is through another launcher. I use Nova and really like it.
    Appreciate your response. Thanks

Tried Nova and using the gesture shortcuts, there's still nothing that would allow me per say to make a shortcut to my desktop of a sub-settings. For example, id like to make a shortcut of the applications manager, so don't have to go to settings>applications>Applications manager.
    03-15-2016 04:08 PM
    Maybe try Tasker? Power Toggles almost does what you're asking, but it won't go as far as a subsetting.
    03-16-2016 05:29 PM
    Appreciate your response. Thanks

Tried Nova and using the gesture shortcuts, there's still nothing that would allow me per say to make a shortcut to my desktop of a sub-settings. For example, id like to make a shortcut of the applications manager, so don't have to go to settings>applications>Applications manager.
    Have you already tried in shortcuts - Nova Activities - settings? I I'm not sure about your phone but in mine I can get more than 120 options in there, with access to almost any submenu in the settings.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:44 PM
    Look, this is just the beginning of the list. There are 153 options!
    Attached Thumbnails Creating Non-App Shortcut?-1458168984371.jpg  
    B. Diddy and yomny Martinez like this.
    03-16-2016 05:56 PM
    Maybe try Tasker? Power Toggles almost does what you're asking, but it won't go as far as a subsetting.
    Ill check it out. Its not really a big deal but i remember there was an app that used to do this, i think it was called 'anycut'. Thanks

Have you already tried in shortcuts - Nova Activities - settings? I I'm not sure about your phone but in mine I can get more than 120 options in there, with access to almost any submenu in the settings.
    this is what i get when i open up settings. Not sure if mine's any different, can you guide me through it a bit. I open settings then i get the menus pictured below.
    Creating Non-App Shortcut?-screenshot_20160317_094510.png
    03-17-2016 08:37 AM
    Never mind i got it. I was in this activity screen once but it took a little it to load and exit out of it. This is where i search for settings and it gives me about 254 items. Thanks
    B. Diddy and Javier P like this.
    03-17-2016 08:55 AM
    Never mind i got it. I was in this activity screen once but it took a little it to load and exit out of it. This is where i search for settings and it gives me about 254 items. Thanks
    Glad you find it! Yeah, opening the Activities can take a little while Just remember that they can be linked to a gesture, a swipe up action or creating an specific shortcut.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-17-2016 09:19 AM
    Glad you find it! Yeah, opening the Activities can take a little while Just remember that they can be linked to a gesture, a swipe up action or creating an specific shortcut.
    Thats also how i was seeing them as gestures. Thanks once more.
    03-17-2016 03:13 PM
    I use quick shortcut maker.
    03-17-2016 05:47 PM
    I use quick shortcut maker.
    I use that one too.
    03-17-2016 05:57 PM
    I'm still confused. How do you get to the Activities in Nova?
    03-18-2016 08:46 PM
    Go through the process of placing a widget on the homescreen. Look for Activities in the Nova section--drag and drop that to the homescreen. Then you'll see the menu that Javier P showed.
    03-18-2016 09:29 PM
    Anyone find anything?
    I recall way back in the days, there was such app that you could install from the store that would allow you to create shortcuts of anything in the settings sub-menu. Most apps I've researched today just allow you to make a shortcut of another app or a setting toggle(which we don't need more of). I for example would like to make a shortcut of "night clock" or stuff like this.
    I think that was bettercut ? I still have it somewhere, will have to see if it works.
    yomny Martinez likes this.
    03-18-2016 10:32 PM
    You can open Nova Activities from different places, depending what you're trying to set.

- Create a new widget/shortcut after long press on the screen.
    - Set a gesture (Nova Prime).
    - Set a swipe up action for an existing icon (Nova Prime).

In all of them you have to select the shortcuts tab and Activities will be the first option on the list.
    Attached Thumbnails Creating Non-App Shortcut?-1458388644223.jpg  
    03-19-2016 06:57 AM
    You can open Nova Activities from different places, depending what you're trying to set.

- Create a new widget/shortcut after long press on the screen.
    - Set a gesture (Nova Prime).
    - Set a swipe up action for an existing icon (Nova Prime).

In all of them you have to select the shortcuts tab and Activities will be the first option on the list.
    Got it. Thanks!
    03-19-2016 03:36 PM
    Hi,

did you able set shortcut for samsung S7 AOD functionality? I have got non root S7 but I am not successful AOD shortcut. Getting "Permission problem".

Thanks
    01-20-2017 02:26 AM