Google now launcher on edge

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova launcher on my S7 edge, was playing with N on 6p and thought should get back to Google now launcher on my S7 as well. When I switched boy it looked ugly with that big icons, 4 column grid.. I mean wtf Google? Can't you figure out what device it runs and provide a larger grid? Nexus 6p has 5 column. I know we can root and change this but my rooting days have long gone. Hope Google provides an option in settings where we can change grid size. Back to Nova on s7 edge.
Is anyone using the Google now launcher and liking it on the edge even though it looks cartoonish with that big icons?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same experience, although I noticed it already on my N6p because I'm so used to the custom, smaller icon size I've been using with Nova. I love Google Now, and Is love to have it as one of my home pages, but Nova is just so much better.

What I did do, especially because holding down the home button now takes you to now on tap before you have to select the "G" to force it to Google Now, is that I added a swipe up gesture to my browser icon and gave it the action of opening Google Now.

Posted via the Android Central App

franklinexpress

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the same experience, although I noticed it already on my N6p because I'm so used to the custom, smaller icon size I've been using with Nova. I love Google Now, and Is love to have it as one of my home pages, but Nova is just so much better.

What I did do, especially because holding down the home button now takes you to now on tap before you have to select the "G" to force it to Google Now, is that I added a swipe up gesture to my browser icon and gave it the action of opening Google Now.

Posted via the Android Central App

You can have the grid size like on nexus 6p, just use the hidde. Condensed scaling feature on the s7 and you'll have 5 column grid in the google launcher. I used this app to show the hidden menu https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.evozi.displayscaling&token=Ioh90bdq

srikat

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
It is also possible to swipe the left edge of your phone (to the right) from anywhere and have Google Now appear when using the default launcher, using apps.