06-10-2016 10:23 PM
135 1234 ...
tools
    I am surprised that insurance hasn't offered you another device as a replacement.
    That is my biggest gripe...
    In my opinion, they should at least offer to send me a free loaner while I wait.

The local T-Mobile store has every color in stock but for some reason insurance has none yet. Waiting over a week when you pay a $175 deductible and 10$ a month seems a little unfair in my opinion.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-15-2016 04:43 PM
    That is my biggest gripe...
    In my opinion, they should at least offer to send me a free loaner while I wait.

The local T-Mobile store has every color in stock but for some reason insurance has none yet. Waiting over a week when you pay a $175 deductible and 10$ a month seems a little unfair in my opinion.
    That's their policy which you agreed to when you signed up. If you don't agree, cancel insurance and buy elsewhere,where the terms are more to your liking.

Tmobile did offer you a free loaner, which you declined.
    Scutley and Bridget Booth like this.
    03-15-2016 05:14 PM
    Dam maybe I should get insurance

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 08:04 PM
    $129 for 2 years through Samsung.
    reyno626 likes this.
    03-15-2016 08:05 PM
    Ouch, even in a case that would still have happened looking at where the damage is.

Maybe not. The case might have absorbed some of the impact in the fall and not bounced.
    metz65 likes this.
    03-17-2016 10:33 AM
    Yeah... get a burner.... I mean, there's no way you'll get that repaired on your own channel. First off, the thing is so new, no one will have them in stock really... and second, they will be HELLISHLY expensive. I'm guessing that you'll be paying well into the $200's for a replacement screen.

Now, you'll see 'replacement panels' for like $40 or so.. avoid those like the plague. Those are ONLY the glass, not the actual screen. Samsung bonds the AMOLED panel to the glass (aka SuperAMOLED), and removing the panel and reapplying it to the new glass, you aren't going to end up with a display that's as good a quality as you would just replacing the entire unit. And the S7E is a bit of a bear to take apart to get to that panel, anyone that rips that sucked apart to replace the screen, well, it will never be the same phone again.
    I'm betting it would be $400 or more for screen replacement. My S5 was almost $200 for replacement.
    Samsung Plus insurance looks like a pretty good deal. $129 for 2 years and a $79 deductible.
    03-17-2016 10:36 AM
    I'm betting it would be $400 or more for screen replacement. My S5 was almost $200 for replacement.
    Samsung Plus insurance looks like a pretty good deal. $129 for 2 years and a $79 deductible.
    I can find replacement assemblies for ... $150 to $180... and I may very well pull the trigger on one soon. I'd like to have the thing as a backup phone or tester... but....These new bonded displays are hellishly expensive, and the S7 Edge's screen is almost assuredly the most expensive one on the market. $129 for 24 months with an $79 D? Unless there are some sideways caveats or terms, that's a great deal.
    03-17-2016 02:51 PM
    That's why I always keep my previous phone. Pop in the Sim and instant replacement if needed.
    I was JUSSSSSTTTTTT gonna put my note 5 up on ebay.....
    03-17-2016 03:29 PM
    S7 design makes it highly prone to cracks.
    recDNA and reyno626 like this.
    03-17-2016 08:32 PM
    I wouldn't say the design makes it highly prone to cracks, I would say dropping it does.
    03-17-2016 08:45 PM
    I wouldn't say the design makes it highly prone to cracks, I would say dropping it does.
    Well, there is some truth to the design... On the Edge, the screen's design does make it a little bit more exposed to impacts. With the curved portions, there is a higher likelihood that the screen will take the brunt of an impact as the screen itself isn't protected by the bezel or frame. The same goes for both the front AND rear as both have a similar exposed curve of glass. The S7 has a similar read curve and the front, even though it is 'flat', isn't really flat. Samsung used a '2.5D' pane on the front, meaning that there is a slight bevel on the edge of the display that juts out a smidge compared to the frame.

Granted, a hit directly to the frame could easily enough cause a glass failure, but that frame does lend it a bit more protection than having just exposed glass.
    stoney3789 and reyno626 like this.
    03-18-2016 08:24 AM
    Update:

Just got back from vacation, unwrapped my replacement phone and saw it was the wrong color (Gold).

At first I was just going to keep the Gold one and move on, but I was curious if they would ship me the Silver when it came in. I called Assurant and asked why they did not send me a Silver one (like the phone I broke), and they claimed they can send me whatever color they want and that I do not have a choice.

I might just keep the Gold because i'm not really in the b****ing mood, but just giving T-Mobile users a heads up. If you really care about color, watch out for Assurant insurance.
    recDNA, reyno626 and Turp386 like this.
    03-21-2016 04:14 PM
    Just get a cheap back up Chinese knockoff they work and you'll still have all your Android app. I to have a window 640 that I use sometimes but I doesn't have all the Android apps I like. So I'd get a cheap android phone my 2 cents

Turp386 and wlonsdale like this.
    03-22-2016 06:50 PM
    I broke mine this AM, only had it a week, had a Note 5 for the past year and never had a drop or issue, my feel about 1.5 feet on some tile and i had a OBLIQ case on it, i didn't initially notice any damage but then i noticed a crack that run all the way down the left edge! WTF!
    I called Verizon and told them what happened and since it was still within the 14 day worry free guarantee they would ship me out a new phone overnight. I cant believe it broke that easy though, this was not a big drop at all, and it had a case! Should be called "bird glass", not "gorilla glass"!
    03-24-2016 11:42 AM
    Plus I would worry about handing over my phone with its data unless you have enough function to do a system reset. I even hate sending a broken phone with data in it to Asurion.
    03-24-2016 11:51 AM
    I broke mine this AM, only had it a week, had a Note 5 for the past year and never had a drop or issue, my feel about 1.5 feet on some tile and i had a OBLIQ case on it, i didn't initially notice any damage but then i noticed a crack that run all the way down the left edge! WTF!
    I called Verizon and told them what happened and since it was still within the 14 day worry free guarantee they would ship me out a new phone overnight. I cant believe it broke that easy though, this was not a big drop at all, and it had a case! Should be called "bird glass", not "gorilla glass"!
    I've read several reports of breaks in thr obliq case. Pisses me off because that's the only nice clear case with a kickstand. If we are required to use a big bulky case that totally covers the curved edges (where most of these break) then it kind of defeats the purpose. I suspect the reason so many who say they never dropped phones before drop this one are the tiny bezels in the edge.
    03-24-2016 11:54 AM
    Thin bezels and curved edges make you more likely to drop it.
    03-24-2016 11:56 AM
    I don't use a case myself I like the device naked. I do use a iRing. At first I thought it looked stupid but after a day or so I grew to love the thing. It sticks to the back of the phone and can be removed without issue. I have used it now on two devices and removed it numerous times and never a issue.

It evens comes with a car dock which is awesome. Definitely b helps you hold the phone securely while keeping it naked.

http://www.iringusa.com check it out.
    recDNA likes this.
    03-24-2016 03:48 PM
    I agree I already shattered my front screen from a 3ft drop.. I dropped my s5 many times and never had any cracks. I hit the glass on the corner edge. Any drop ur pretty much hitting glass.. sucks
    recDNA likes this.
    03-25-2016 12:34 AM
    Wait I just got a s7edge from Verizon 3 days ago and I dropped it and cracked the screen. So can I return it with this worry free guarantee? Is it for anyone or do u pay extra?
    03-25-2016 12:40 AM
    Wait I just got a s7edge from Verizon 3 days ago and I dropped it and cracked the screen. So can I return it with this worry free guarantee? Is it for anyone or do u pay extra?
    They'll probably make you pay for the phone since it's damaged.
    03-25-2016 08:29 AM
    Maybe not. The case might have absorbed some of the impact in the fall and not bounced.
    Your taking a big chance like me when you got no case.
    There are not a lot of cases out there for the S7E that I like.
    But I am looking.
    03-25-2016 09:08 AM
    I'm actually enjoying the Supcase Unicorn Beetle holster case. It doesn't add too much bulk to the device while putting me at ease knowing that protection is there. I'm a holster guy and this is so far the best holster case for the S7 Edge. But to each his/her own

03-25-2016 09:46 AM
    I need a little advice on what to do regarding my cracked Galaxy S7 Edge. My last phone was the Galaxy S6 Edge and I used it a full year without a case and somehow I managed to break my new phone within a week of using it. I received it from T-Mobile on March 2nd and broke it on the 9th. Long story short, it fell out of my pocket at the gym, fell on the matted floor and bounced into a metal machine (which ended up hitting the edge of the screen).

I currently have no phone at the moment, used my sisters s6 Edge to take the pictures attached.

Here is the main problem. I contacted Assurant (T-Mobile's insurance provider), and they said that the phone is currently out of stock. I have been without a phone now for 4 days, with no end in sight since it is such a new phone that they don't have an estimate on when the are getting more in stock.

I went into T-Mobile yesterday and asked if they could give me a loaner for free while I wait but they said it would be a flip phone. This will not work for me since I use my phone for work emails throughout the week. To add Insult to injury, I am going on a mini vacation on Wednesday night to Sunday so I need a phone just in case work needs to contact me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of going into T-Mobile, buying the Galaxy S7 Edge in black (only color in stock) and returning it after 7 days ($50 restocking fee). Does anyone have any better ideas?

Whoaa....i could've copied your post and it would be the exact same. I cracked my Galaxy S7 Edge, Silver in the EXACT same spot. The EXACT same display issues happened as well.

Cracked S7 Edge - Advice-dsc08405.jpgCracked S7 Edge - Advice-dsc08403.jpgCracked S7 Edge - Advice-dsc08409.jpg

I dropped my phone off my work desk and it hit the plastic leg of my chair before it landed on the carpet. Wondering if this is a weak spot for the phone. Anyway, just figured i'd share...I had insurance so i just paid the deductible.
    03-25-2016 07:30 PM
    The Otterbox Symmetry case doesn't add much bulk and looks decent.

03-25-2016 07:52 PM
135 1234 ...