Cracked S7 Edge - Advice

Jason Mclaughlin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone slipped out of my pocket and landed on very thin carpet floor cracking the very corner of screen. I have a very thin case on the phone. I love this phone, but very disappointed in it cracking in the first month of use. I have never cracked a phone before.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I like carrying my phone thin & naked too.
But I'm scared it might get dropped
That's why I have good protection around the ends and edges .
Hate to have it broke and having to do without it for a month .

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine broke about a week ago. I had it for 33 days and I just took the case off for the night. I literally dropped it from about 1.5 feet at most from the ground and the screen cracked on the bottom corner. Everything is still functional but man is the screen weak! I dont have insurance and just missed the cutoff date... I am reaching out to samsung now but Im sure they wont be cheap... I may need to go back to the droid turbo 2. I have never broke a screen in my life.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
$269 for new screens.
What do you mean by "cut off" date?
I dropped mine 2 weeks after I got it.
My understanding is that w/o ins. we all get charged.

I guess you could say I reached out to SS too and paid the std. fee.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
That is my biggest gripe...
In my opinion, they should at least offer to send me a free loaner while I wait.

The local T-Mobile store has every color in stock but for some reason insurance has none yet. Waiting over a week when you pay a $175 deductible and 10$ a month seems a little unfair in my opinion.

How is it unfair? You can buy it or not buy it?

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine broke about a week ago. I had it for 33 days and I just took the case off for the night. I literally dropped it from about 1.5 feet at most from the ground and the screen cracked on the bottom corner. Everything is still functional but man is the screen weak! I dont have insurance and just missed the cutoff date... I am reaching out to samsung now but Im sure they wont be cheap... I may need to go back to the droid turbo 2. I have never broke a screen in my life.

I know Staples now (well at least by me) repairs crack screens. You might want to go there and check out how much they cost.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cracked galaxy s7 edge screen

Can you replace the glass screen on the galaxy s7 edge without having to replace the lcd?

I know on most Samsung phones if you can still use your phone and if the color is still intact and all looks good then you didn't break the LCD part of the screen and the can replace that. If you broke the LCD Screen it is very expensive. Actually a person who fixes phones (this was 4 years ago) said to me it pretty much cheaper to get a new phone.

FlyHigh365

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Seems like some of you need to learn about responsibility. And how to also take care of an expensive phone. These phones are made out of glass and glass will break if dropped. It's physics. If you complain about a cracked screen, don't blame anyone but yourself.

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cracked galaxy s7 edge screen

If you broke the LCD Screen it is very expensive. Actually a person who fixes phones (this was 4 years ago) said to me it pretty much cheaper to get a new phone.

That would not be true TODAY.
New screens = $269; new Edge7 = around $720.

RazzleDazzle909

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cracked S7 Edge

I dropped my S5 weekly too. Never had a dent or scratches! I love the functionality of the S7 but the front glass sucks miserably! The design of the phone should have included a stronger front glass. The insurance companies must be collecting deductibles like crazy! What a scam for such an expensive phone!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
From Corning... "The water-resistant Samsung GALAXY S7 edge has a dual-edge design and Quad HD Super AMOLED 5.5-inch display featuring damage-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 on both sides of the device." And my phone takes an otherwise innocuous fall in a case yet suffers a broken screen, I'd say trash is a good word to use.

The key phrase there is "damage resistant." Not damage proof. It's still glass, and very thin glass at that (because we all demand the thinnest phones possible, then complain about the compromises that entails). Glass always has, and probably always will, break when impacted, and the thinner the glass, and the less protective material around the bezel, the more likely it is to break on impact. Anyone with half a brain can see the edge design leaves no bezel, and permits no case with raised edges, to protect the screen. Said person should be able to figure out that means more chances for the surface of the screen to impact a hard surface and be damaged.

My first smartphone was twice the thickness of the Edge, had a 1/4 inch (or maybe thicker) plastic bezel on all sides of the screen, and the screen was recessed close to 1/4 inch below the frame surround the glass. I suspect the glass was thicker, too. That phone bounced down the road after flying loose during a motorcycle accident. The plastic was scraped to hell, but the screen survived. No one wants to buy a phone like that any more, though. It's not slim and stylish so you can show all your friends how cool your phone is. Instead we buy phones that look cool, but are about as fragile as a crystal wine glass, then complain about them.

A very thin phone with a glass back, an almost non-existent frame around the edge, an exposed curved glass screen, and no side bezels, and we're surprised it's more fragile than a phone with a metal back, a full metal frame around the edge, and larger bezels? Really?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers