Cracked S7 Edge - Advice

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it, I dropped mine like 4 feet from a hard wood floor the other day, and it slid, but when I picked it up it didn't even have a scratch?

It's well known that exactly how a phone hits the ground can make a huge difference in outcome. You can drop a phone multiple times without any problems, then drop it so it hits just right and the whole screen is gone. Impacts on the corners seem the most problematic, but even that doesn't always prove true.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Cracked galaxy s7 edge screen

Always wondered who those people were. I am not one of them.

Sales figures seem to support my statement, though. AT&T's "Active" versions never sell nearly as well as the standard versions of Samsung phones, and while people complain about battery life, not many purchase phones like the Droid Maxx with it's large battery and thick case. People vote with their wallets.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing what a polarizing issue this is! There is the "you shouldn't EVER drop your phone so tough darts" group and the "what we're saying is this one cracks easier than any other phone I've ever owned" group.

Neither group seems to respect the other at all.

If this phone really does crack or scratch easier than any previous model I think it is fair to say it is an issue.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
10 million sold and only a couple hundred posts on the entire Internet about the glass. Doesn't seem like a big issue to me. And, as several posters have said previously, you can Google all the phones that have come out with glass screens and see posts about them. But, compared to the number of each model sold, it really is not an issue.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
It's amazing what a polarizing issue this is! There is the "you shouldn't EVER drop your phone so tough darts" group and the "what we're saying is this one cracks easier than any other phone I've ever owned" group.

Neither group seems to respect the other at all.

If this phone really does crack or scratch easier than any previous model I think it is fair to say it is an issue.

It doesn't so no it's not.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
10 million sold and only a couple hundred posts on the entire Internet about the glass. Doesn't seem like a big issue to me. And, as several posters have said previously, you can Google all the phones that have come out with glass screens and see posts about them. But, compared to the number of each model sold, it really is not an issue.
Do you know how few people go to forums ever? The point is more complaints than any other phone ever.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has any phone mfg said they made their phone to be dropped?
No, but every manufacturer knows it often happens. Of course any phone will break if dropped from 10 feet on to concrete. No other phone has had as many complaints about breaking from small falls than this one. Everything is relative. This may be the most delicate phone built in the last 5 years.

If we all agree phones shouldn't be dropped can't we all agree that IF dropped some phones are MORE likely to break than others?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
You're convinced this is true, so keep believing. I for one, choose not to believe that allegation without verifiable data.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you know how few people go to forums ever? The point is more complaints than any other phone ever.

Most people who drop their phones take responsibility and deal with it.

Because this phone has an Edge, and requires extra care, people want to blame the phone. I dropped my phone once and got lucky.

I will take extra care to both protect it and never drop it again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Marvelous7325#AC

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My S7 edge has a very fine crack that goes from edge to edge horizontally. The only way you can feel it is if you rub your nail over it to feel that there is a groove. You can only see it when the screen isn't lit or when wearing the VR Gear. I don't mind it at all because it doesn't affect the functionality or the look of the phone.
How it happened was very odd to me. I was at a pool party and the phone was in my bathing suit's pocket. I usually put the phone in with the screen facing my thigh, but I was buzzed, so I could've did the opposite. I was sitting in the grotto and bumped the edge of it, which had some bricks and stones, pretty hard. It would've hurt if my phone didn't absorb the shock. I take my phone out shortly after and there was that crack.
Needless to say, no more showing off it's water resistant, I don't need water getting into the crack.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys my s7 edge was ****ting on top of my lumia 950 when due to some vibration both my phones fell. the lumia was on top of s7 edge giving more force and weight...my s7 edge landed flat on its face making a Lound sound...I was sure 100 % my glass cracked...I immediately picked up to check for crack and to my surprise phone was perfect....thank God..and I am travelling now soo really needed the phone...soo guys being an edge phone it's not that fragile that people imagine..ya but in which angel it lands is different...depends on your luck...I am a happy man :)

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance