05-28-2016 10:06 PM
147 ... 23456
tools
    I doubt they ever will. Signs all over the gas pumps to turn off all electronic devices before pumping.
    Only reason it doesn't work is because the reader only turns on when the card his a switch in the back of the slot. Since people have had success with inserting a card and taking their phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 04:23 PM
    The only places I have not got it to work is when the card reader is part of the terminal at a couple of Restaurants. Texas Roadhouse and Freebirds to be specific. The reader is behind the counter but I could reach my phone to it. No luck. Anyone else tried these? Work or not?

Kind of like these - Attachment 220679
    Yes, it has worked for me on those type of terminals - Panda Express, Del Taco.
    03-16-2016 05:29 PM
    At terminals that normally require a chip, Samsung Pay still works.
    That is because no terminals require a chip. Some require cards with a chip to use a chip, but allow magnetic. Theoretically at one point they may only allow chip cards.
    Colchicine likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:35 PM
    I doubt they ever will. Signs all over the gas pumps to turn off all electronic devices before pumping.
    Which is bogus. No cell phone can spark a fire, as any Mythbuster fan would know. Where I live we can't pump our own gas so moot point.
    ctk4949 likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:37 PM
    Yelllp!!! Can't seem to register my Citi MC and CapOne Visa.
    03-16-2016 05:43 PM
    my samsung pay didnt work for me at home depot..worked everywhere else so far..maybe i was doing something wrong..the employee said it dosent work there..i dont beleive her..
    03-16-2016 06:51 PM
    my samsung pay didnt work for me at home depot..worked everywhere else so far..maybe i was doing something wrong..the employee said it dosent work there..i dont beleive her..
    Were you trying to use NFC or the card swipe reader? Some places like CVS disabled NFC so you have to use the swipe area instead.

03-16-2016 06:53 PM
    Had the same issue at Home Depot. I tried to use Samsung Pay on the mag reader and it kept coming up declined.
    03-16-2016 07:30 PM
    Hey guys need some suggestions, I love Samsung pay and have used it a bunch! But today I could not get it to work anywhere! kept saying card read error, any suggestions? I don't want to have to call Samsung and the bank again

03-16-2016 07:31 PM
    when i first got my note 5 and would pay with it most cashiers would say oh that won't work and when the transaction goes through smoothly the look on there face is priceless. i heard one cashier say to his coworker oh i guess they fix the machine. but its not the machine its the phones technology. cause i found the most stores nfc reader are not working or set up. so i always just put the phone to the swipe section of the machine and it usually always works.
    562dope562 likes this.
    03-16-2016 07:58 PM
    I actually used Samsung pay for the first time tonight at Walgreens. Worked fine and got the $30 gift card too within seconds of using it Brilliant Tried to use it later at Publix but that didn't go through. Anyone else tried at Publix?
    03-16-2016 08:56 PM
    I actually used Samsung pay for the first time tonight at Walgreens. Worked fine and got the $30 gift card too within seconds of using it Brilliant Tried to use it later at Publix but that didn't go through. Anyone else tried at Publix?
    Ive used it at Publix before, worked fine. Both at the self checkout and the regular checkout.
    03-16-2016 08:57 PM
    Ive used it at Publix before, worked fine. Both at the self checkout and the regular checkout.
    Interesting. The Publix where I go to have the card machines that have the swipe and the chip entry slot at the bottom. They still only use the swipe though. So, where do you place the phone for it to work? Perhaps I had the phone in the wrong place.
    03-16-2016 09:14 PM
    Interesting. The Publix where I go to have the card machines that have the swipe and the chip entry slot at the bottom. They still only use the swipe though. So, where do you place the phone for it to work? Perhaps I had the phone in the wrong place.
    Where you would swipe the credit card.
    03-16-2016 09:23 PM
    I tried it at a TJ Maxx and had the same thing happen. No luck. I had the same problem at the Lowes store and tried it there on two separate visits. They both use a large VeriFone reader with a discrete keypad so people can't see what other customers are typing in. I'm not sure if that's related, but definitely a similarity.

The TJ Maxx manager said they had a breach some time ago and all the card readers were extra secure.
    Colchicine likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:07 PM
    I used It at Bestbuy, worked flawless. But you have to put it near the nfc logo on the terminal.

03-16-2016 10:16 PM
    I can't wait for this to come to Canada

Why? We have chip technology already. 99% of stores don't use swipe in Canada anymore. I'm using my phone to pay via nfc already through Scotiabank. I'll admit it's not worth it right now cause you have to load the app and it can act up but it still works.
    03-17-2016 06:47 AM
    I tried it at 7 Eleven yesterday. It didn't work.

But it redeemed itself in the evening at Target. I went through the self check out line and gave it a shot. The Target employee was blown away by this feature. She stated her iPhone 6 NEVER works when she tries to use Apple Pay. Or whatever it's called. She then asked to see my phone and said that she sees the commercials all the time for Samsung Pay ( I never have) and was impressed with how easy the commercials made it look.

She then said maybe I should switch over to Samsung but that she'd miss her apple watch too much. After that she showed me that watch up close. To be honest that watch is pretty sweet.

03-17-2016 08:32 AM
    Samsung Pay didn't work with my Chase Sapphire at CVS. It detected the card but still required me to insert my chip card. Oh well.
    03-17-2016 09:59 AM
    I tried it at 7 Eleven yesterday. It didn't work.

But it redeemed itself in the evening at Target. I went through the self check out line and gave it a shot. The Target employee was blown away by this feature. She stated her iPhone 6 NEVER works when she tries to use Apple Pay. Or whatever it's called. She then asked to see my phone and said that she sees the commercials all the time for Samsung Pay ( I never have) and was impressed with how easy the commercials made it look.

She then said maybe I should switch over to Samsung but that she'd miss her apple watch too much. After that she showed me that watch up close. To be honest that watch is pretty sweet.

Dang, sounded like you guys had a pretty good interaction. You should've asked for her number.
    03-17-2016 10:07 AM
    Samsung Pay didn't work with my Chase Sapphire at CVS. It detected the card but still required me to insert my chip card. Oh well.
    Weird. Did you try holding your phone near the card swipe area? CVS actively disabled NFC.

03-17-2016 10:13 AM
    I bought a Christmas tree at Home Depot. I was tired, hungry and getting a cold. I was in no mood to argue or impress anyone. I'd used Samung Pay well over a hundred times and had the technique down to a science. I went inside to pay for the tree with my N5 and the checker sees me doing it and says, "It won't work." I say, confidently, "Yes it will." He repeats, "It won't..." and stops in mid sentence as the transaction goes through. He hands me the receipt and I turn and walk away saying nothing.
    03-17-2016 10:28 AM
    I've used it at Walgreen's, ShopRite, WaWa and my favorite was Salsarita's. Why my favorite? Because the 17 year old iPhone wielding, pock faced boy behind the register, who by today's standards should not be impressed with anything electronic was floored!
    03-17-2016 11:12 AM
    WaWa
    UGH I can't wait till this comes to Florida .. Or well I should say my neck of the woods. It is in Orlando now. The first time I heard of them was going to NJ with my gf .. I loved them after going.
    03-17-2016 12:05 PM
    UGH I can't wait till this comes to Florida .. Or well I should say my neck of the woods. It is in Orlando now. The first time I heard of them was going to NJ with my gf .. I loved them after going.
    There is one in Lake Alfred and one in Aburndale. I've been to both and was very excited when I saw them!
    03-17-2016 01:03 PM
147 ... 23456