05-28-2016 10:06 PM
147 ... 456
tools
    Jersey in the house?????
    You know it
    03-19-2016 07:34 AM
    I just had one (3/17/2016) of those Samsung moments, where I went to pay for a stamps at USPS . At first I was going to get this guy who was 70, and I was trying to think how to explain it to him. Then a women about 50 came out and asked to help me. I ask for the roll of 100 stamps, she rings it up I go to pay with my phone, then she said "you need to put your card in there". So I move the phone down a bit to where I should swipe the card and the screen goes blank, which is what should happen. I tell her the amount from the screen is gone and there is nothing more for me to do. She look at her screen and it says get the confirmation code, which my phone is displaying. I tell her 4 digits of the acre and she says "Whoa! I need to check with my supervisor if we can take this"

She leaves me with the stamps for 12 mins, then come back and says I need the confirmation number and I tell for for the 3rd time. She puts it in and a receipts pops, out she slammed it down and walks away.

I only when there because I check on the USPS news site said they accepted it.

Oh well. :-)
    03-19-2016 12:35 PM
    How do you get the gift card.
    You get it inside the Samsung pay app. Once you use it for a transaction for the first time. Not sure when the offer expires but I just got my Best buy 30 dollar card last week.
    03-19-2016 03:18 PM
    Ran shopping errands with the wife today - used it successfully at CVS, Barnes and Noble, Trader Joe's, and Justice, but froze the terminal at Home Depot (oops!) At CVS I tried it first on the NFC reader but got a message that because I have a chip card it needed to be inserted, so I tried again on the magnetic swipe and it went through. Four out of five ain't bad!
    03-19-2016 04:34 PM
    You get it inside the Samsung pay app. Once you use it for a transaction for the first time. Not sure when the offer expires but I just got my Best buy 30 dollar card last week.
    Gift card offer expires March 31st.
    03-19-2016 06:18 PM
    Man I had no idea how Samsung pay worked until reading this thread, I thought it was like apple pay and really didn't think anything of it. Well my first experience I went to Walmart, they have the chip readers that you have to put your card in the bottom slot. It initially went through and the signature box came up but then a second after that it got rejected. The cashier said the card issuer rejected the payment. Tried it a couple more times and the same thing. The cashier thought it was the coolest thing ever and now wants to go get a Samsung phone. Funny thing, even though the payment didn't go through Samsung still gave me my $30 gift card.

This morning I went to the local grocer but they have the NFC readers so naturally they weren't all that impressed but this evening I stopped by Safeway who has the old school readers. I held up my phone and it went right through. The cashier guy said, "What the heck!!??" and quickly grabbed the terminal and turned it around so he could see - which by then was blank. I tried to briefly explain how the phone could do that (I need to do a better job btw). I could have never imagined Samsung Pay could put such a big smile on my face
    03-19-2016 10:49 PM
    Does it have to be a specific card? I did on my debit card and no dice.
    03-19-2016 10:55 PM
    I got the offer using my debit card

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge
    03-19-2016 11:00 PM
    Open the Samsung Pay app... Open the menu (more tab) and click on events... See if it is in there

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge
    03-19-2016 11:03 PM
    Did that...a multitude of different angles.

I contacted Publix and they confirmed that it is supported, so I think maybe I didn't find the sweet spot. I'll try again later....I don't like to look like a fool for too long.
    03-20-2016 09:29 AM
    Received my black GS7 Edge Thursday. Took Samsung Pay out for a test drive at our local grocery store this morning. Worked perfectly. Received the I had no idea you could do that from the clerk. My wife, an iPhone user, was very impressed. Almost immediately received my $30 gift card. Very cool!
    03-20-2016 01:39 PM
    Does it have to be a specific card? I did on my debit card and no dice.
    Yes, I can't remember but I'm sure you can search. I know for sure that BofA debit does not work with the offer.

ELIGIBLE CARDS: All Samsung Pay compatible credit and debit cards are eligible for this Offer except Bank of America debit cards and private label cards, which are not eligible for this Offer. Samsung Pay purchases made from Bank of America debit cards and private label cards will not count toward a successful purchase transaction (as described in Section 4). Users must use other Samsung Pay compatible cards in order to participate in this Offer. For more information on Samsung Pay compatible cards see: Which banks and credit cards are compatible with Samsung Pay?
    03-20-2016 01:53 PM
    My wife's Delta Amex registered in Samsung Pay on her S7.
    The Delta AMEX is backed by the same bank as the regular AMEX cards so it would work. USAA AMEX isn't backed by their bank, I think that's why it's not working..
    03-20-2016 07:56 PM
    My Costco Amex works just fine.
    Thanks. This makes me realize I need to update my original comment as not all AMEX's work because they're not all through the main AMEX bank (Centurion, I think). Costco and Delta are. USAA isn't, so my USAA AMEX doesn't work. Tried again today. Got the "card not supported" screen.
    03-20-2016 08:11 PM
    Chip readers are so obnoxious and overkill. It takes longer to pay with them too.
    03-21-2016 08:08 AM
    Man you suck. There's no wawa's in Lake County yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I don't suck.. I sip... My WaWa coffee!! :-)
    03-21-2016 09:08 AM
    Tried it at Jersey mikes sandwich shop at lunch today didn't work. Everyone was looking waiting to see if it would. I think it was maybe their card reader though he couldn't scan my actual card there and had to do it at the swiper on the monitor instead of the free standing one.
    03-21-2016 09:37 PM
    Tried it at Jersey mikes sandwich shop at lunch today didn't work. Everyone was looking waiting to see if it would. I think it was maybe their card reader though he couldn't scan my actual card there and had to do it at the swiper on the monitor instead of the free standing one.
    It happens. The one thing at work doesn't like it. Not sure why. It can see something is trying to swipe but doesn't accept it.
    03-21-2016 10:20 PM
    I purchased a book at Barnes Nobles and the cashier kept repeating to , maybe her manager, or another cashier ,"she just used her phone to pay. She just used her phone to pay for a purchase." They thought it was Apple Pay or Android Pay. I corrected them and said, Nope it's Samsung Pay. I walked out with a big smile on my face.
    05-28-2016 05:13 PM
    I used mine at a store today and they were like "I don't think that's going work". I did it anyway and it worked like a champ. They were like "wow"! They asked me what phone I had and I said S7 edge. They had a S7 and didn't know they could do that.

05-28-2016 06:37 PM
    I was at CVS and as I pulled my phone out the cashier goes "That's probably not going to work. I mean I want you try it to see if it works though!" It worked and she about lost her mind. Lol. "Holy crap, it worked! Is that the Samsung pay? Android pay and Apple pay don't work here!"
    05-28-2016 08:30 PM
    In my small town I've been using it then a big slap In the face they put apple pay accepted here. I asked them why kott samsung pay and they just assumed I was apple grrrrr

05-28-2016 10:06 PM
147 ... 456