Samsung Pay awesome reactions

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
https://youtu.be/aT5jPJ1IWu0
OMG...it generates magnetic fields to trick old machines! Now I get it. Wow, couldn't this be hacked and used by criminals somehow?
It is safer than using the actual credit card. Anyone could steal your card and use it with no verification. At least the phone requires a pin or thumbprint to use. Also it doesn't transmit your registered card number, it uses a temporary one use number for each transaction.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am impressed how well the MST works. The only thing missing is the ability to store your rewards cards like android pay does. Also needs more bank support. Only my bank card currently works and can't get all my rewards points.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I can't get Samsun Pay to even open. S7E on ATT. When I click the app it tells me it needs to install. I click install and it won't ever go past the install screen. And, since it's bloatware, I can't uninstall it to re-install it. I can't even deactivate it. All I can do is force stop it and then open it again only to have it stick at the install screen.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't get Samsun Pay to even open. S7E on ATT. When I click the app it tells me it needs to install. I click install and it won't ever go past the install screen. And, since it's bloatware, I can't uninstall it to re-install it. I can't even deactivate it. All I can do is force stop it and then open it again only to have it stick at the install screen.
Try downloading from Google play again. It may work. It didn't come pre installed on verizon.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Try to clear the cache and data then install it again.

Posted via the Android Central App

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Try downloading from Google play again. It may work. It didn't come pre installed on verizon.

Try to clear the cache and data then install it again.

Posted via the Android Central App

- Google Play simply offered "Open" no disable or uninstall or install.

- I cleared all cache and all data and it finally offered to install with a package manager. Thanks! I'm up and running.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow, what about going through a drive through or a place where the card machine can only be accessed by the cashier? So awkward to hand them your phone. And don't you have to have your fingerprint on there for it to work? How could a cashier take it and use it?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Oh wow, what about going through a drive through or a place where the card machine can only be accessed by the cashier? So awkward to hand them your phone. And don't you have to have your fingerprint on there for it to work? How could a cashier take it and use it?

Damn US is so backwards.. In Canada they pass us the interact machine even in drive throughs

Some places these days have a reader mounted to the outside of the building at the drive through.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah I would never hand them my phone. Way too expensive to trust some random stranger.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd be afraid to hand someone my phone. I have a long cord in my car so when I go to the Starbucks drive-thru it reaches up to the window enough for her to scan. I don't trust handing someone my phone.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll agree with others. Never have handed my phone over to anyone for Samsung Pay. However i love the reactions i get. Sometimes it's just a "huh cool" sometimes they say "Oh, is that apple pay?"

Had one kid who actually knew exactly what i was doing and was said "i can't live without mine, i love not having to carry my debit/credit cards around with me"

Only place i've tried it where it didn't work was i use my Debit card to rent movies at RedBox. Well i tried using it and the machine just kept beeping like it wasn't taking it. So no big deal. It's worked everywhere else i've used it and it's insanely helpful!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If they require chip to pay, then it won't work. However most of those machines will have NFC enabled.

Ok, I know some have the chip disabled, you still swipe. Didn't know if once they go to the chip they disable the swipe, making that tech in Samsung pay eventually obsolete.

sherylm

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love it! Wells Fargo was recently added as a bank, set up my S7 edge, used it at several places (Rubio's, Safeway, Best Buy, Target, and Barnes and Noble) without having to swipe my card, very convenient! Got a couple whaaat??? responses. Love, Love, love! As secure as using a chipped card.