Samsung Pay awesome reactions

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wish it would work at the Gas Station pump stations. Then I would never have to carry my credit cards with me. :)

For the ppl whos bank arent accepted. Any AMEX will work. So you can just sign up for an AMEX card. I never use my bank debit card to pay for anything.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely love it! Wells Fargo was recently added as a bank, set up my S7 edge, used it at several places (Rubio's, Safeway, Best Buy, Target, and Barnes and Noble) without having to swipe my card, very convenient! Got a couple whaaat??? responses. Love, Love, love! As secure as using a chipped card.

luv this sasmsung pay, it worked everywhere today.... had small hickup at subway, had to try it 3x's the subway cashier wanted to take phone out of my hand so she could do it..... not a chance. I forgot to check it on the redbox machine. Got my ebay gift card just in time to order TYLT Vu charger

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
If they require chip to pay, then it won't work. However most of those machines will have NFC enabled.

Wrong. You use Samsung pay with the card swiper and it works because your bank knows you authenticated with the fingerprint or PIN. I was able to use Samsung pay just fine in Canada at terminals without NFC using the card swipe slot.

Posted via the Android Central App

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. You use Samsung pay with the card swiper and it works because your bank knows you authenticated with the fingerprint or PIN. I was able to use Samsung pay just fine in Canada at terminals without NFC using the card swipe slot.

True. CVS pharmacy has an activated chip card reader & Samsung Pay still works. Same for Walmart, and many other stores.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site

No you missed the point of the question. The question was if they required chip cards and don't allow magnetic swipes. Not sure when or if that will happen.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to share my story now! I went into a gas station and held my phone to the card machine and the clerk said oh we dont do that here. I could not help but chuckle, I think I kind of upset her! Then she said oh did it go through and I said yep have a good night. It was great :cool:

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Went to Firestone and paid for $800 worth of tires with Samsung pay. The service writer was absolutely shocked.

I also used Samsung Pay on a Coke machine with a mag reader and it went nuts dispensing Coke's. I paid $1.25 (machine listed $1.75) and the machine dispensed 6. I verified the charge on my phone, and on my banks website, and was only charged the $1.25.

Also the free Samsung promo for the $30 gift card is not bad. Just switched from the iPhone 6+ and I haven't felt this refreshed over a phone in a very long time.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My favorite reactions are when they tell me it won't work and try to argue with me. They literally get mad I'm even going to try it and the BOOM it works.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
my wife loves going to different stores and surprising people. She went to H&M and the cashier told her "oh that doesn't work here" then my wife tapped it "BOOM, yes it does"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan