Samsung Pay awesome reactions

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Ha! They probably felt stupid after lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

I find they either feel really stupid or ask more questions about how it works. I prefer they ask questions because I'm not using the service to make people feel bad.

suitechicguy

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay is so awesome! I loaded card this past Sunday and used it at 6 different places and it worked everywhere. It was very easy to get and redeem the $30 gift card offer from Samsung for trying it too. I love it!

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Samsung Pay is so awesome! I loaded card this past Sunday and used it at 6 different places and it worked everywhere. It was very easy to get and redeem the $30 gift card offer from Samsung for trying it too. I love it!

How do I redeem? I used my card last night and saw the $30 pop up, but cleared it on accident.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just used mine at fred Meyer gas pump. Although the pump didn't have any reaction I just love that I don't have to carry my wallet. I love Samsung pay. IPhone 7 or iPhone 7s or iPhone n won't be able to win me back until apple pay gets mst

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The only places I have not got it to work is when the card reader is part of the terminal at a couple of Restaurants. Texas Roadhouse and Freebirds to be specific. The reader is behind the counter but I could reach my phone to it. No luck. Anyone else tried these? Work or not?

Kind of like these - restaurant-pos-blog-picture-touchsuite.png

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just used mine at fred Meyer gas pump. Although the pump didn't have any reaction I just love that I don't have to carry my wallet. I love Samsung pay. IPhone 7 or iPhone 7s or iPhone n won't be able to win me back until apple pay gets mst

It worked at Meijer Gas?! Awesome! I might try it at Sam's Club.

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I used mine at Target this morning. The lady was super nice, but was like, "Yeah we're not set up for that stuff yet..." then the phone went through and I just had to type my PIN in. She was shocked.

cradrock77

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay since November and it works GREAT! I quit counting the number of times I've used the phone to make a payment when the person at the register said "that doesn't work here". A sweet older lady at an Ace Hardware recently said "Honey, I promise...you can't do that here"...I asked if I could try and she was shocked and then upset that her iPhone doesn't work the same way. She actually said something to the extent of "I wish I hadn't let my grandkids talk me into buying an iPhone!"

My wife just rolls her eyes at me every time the person at the register says..."wow, I didn't know you could do that here"! :)

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
My favorite story is when the clerk said it would not work and as the receipt came other of the machine exclaimed "when did we get Apple Pay?" She took out her iPhone and asked me "How do I make my phone do that?" My comment was "Sell your iPhone and buy a Galaxy!"

She was not happy about that.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just curious, has anyone tried going to an Apple store to buy something with Samsung Pay. Now that could be fun. I have an old Ipod that I need a new 30 pin connector cable. Wonder if the local Apple store has one in stock.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, has anyone tried going to an Apple store to buy something with Samsung Pay. Now that could be fun. I have an old Ipod that I need a new 30 pin connector cable. Wonder if the local Apple store has one in stock.

Omg... somebody should try this!!

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep 7-Eleven was like the commercial.

Oh sir the phone won't wo...

Did that just go through?

Me: "yeah" in my Billy Ray voice.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they ever will. Signs all over the gas pumps to turn off all electronic devices before pumping.

Only reason it doesn't work is because the reader only turns on when the card his a switch in the back of the slot. Since people have had success with inserting a card and taking their phone

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The only places I have not got it to work is when the card reader is part of the terminal at a couple of Restaurants. Texas Roadhouse and Freebirds to be specific. The reader is behind the counter but I could reach my phone to it. No luck. Anyone else tried these? Work or not?

Kind of like these - View attachment 220679

Yes, it has worked for me on those type of terminals - Panda Express, Del Taco.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20