Samsung Pay awesome reactions

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
UGH I can't wait till this comes to Florida .. Or well I should say my neck of the woods. It is in Orlando now. The first time I heard of them was going to NJ with my gf .. I loved them after going.

There is one in Lake Alfred and one in Aburndale. I've been to both and was very excited when I saw them!

R2D2 631

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Were you trying to use NFC or the card swipe reader? Some places like CVS disabled NFC so you have to use the swipe area instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

I dont think my NFC was on..should I keep it on for Samsung Pay ? I guess sometimes you need NFC for different credit card machine to except payment

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
ALDI started accepting credit cards. I went to the cashier and asked if I can pay by phone and he is like"Only started accepting credit card, what's the deal with phone". Then the magic happened. And he was more happy to see the transaction getting approved than I was. Heads turned as to whatever happened at the counter and people were smiling. Made my day.

ALSO got $30 gift card for using Samsung Pay.

anon(40029)

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the added support for my all my cards I have used it everywhere. Self Checkout at the markets, movie theater, home depot, restaurants, gas stations. Every cashier either tries to tell me it won't work or is puzzled by what i'm doing, but when the register prints the receipt, the reaction on their face is priceless. Especially when they have the old school credit card swipers.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Tried to use in Fat Sals in Pacific Beach today. Didn't work. They had one of those attached to the LCD screen. I tried repeatedly and he said they didn't work there. I so wanted to prove him wrong.

Then went to Home Depot and tried there. Took a few tries since I was probably doing it wrong. Girl says "I don't think we're set up for that"....I swiped a few more times and it went through. Got my $30 gift card link right after the purchase.

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
For the ppl whos bank arent accepted. Any AMEX will work. So you can just sign up for an AMEX card. I never use my bank debit card to pay for anything.

Actually, that's not true. AMEX cards that are backed by their bank will work just fine. AMEX cards that aren't backed by their bank, won't work. I got the "card not supported" screen 3x while trying to register my USAA AMEX.

Examples that use AMEX's bank (I believe it's Centurion) would be the Hilton HHonors AmEx, Delta SkyMiles, Costco's True Earnings, the Mercedes-Benz AmEx. Examples of cards that are not issued via their bank are Dillard's AmEx, USAA AmEx, BoA Accelerated Rewards AmEx.

Edited so it makes more sense for those that may not understand why their AMEX doesn't work.

Last edited:

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I used it for first time and they sent me an email for 30% off accessories. No gift card :-(
It takes some positioning to get to work and usually takes me 2-3 times before it goes through with me having to touch the damn strip reader with the phone lol

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, that's not true (or at least I'm pretty sure it's not true). I have a feeling it will only work with AMEX cards that you get through AMEX. I couldn't register my USAA AMEX, but my AMEX Blue Card registered just fine.
My wife's Delta Amex registered in Samsung Pay on her S7.

hairball45

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay on my S6 Edge for a month or so now. It has only failed me once, at a kitchen supply store. The lady behind the counter was nervous and antsy so when it errored out the first time I didn't push the issue. More often I have gotten the "I didn't know they had fixed our card reader" or admiring slight shock reactions. That will be fun until it becomes commonplace, sort of like when I first got a cell phone, and the things weren't yet in every pocket.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
The lady behind the counter was nervous and antsy so when it errored out the first time I didn't push the issue.

I'd just casually put my phone up to the card swiper without saying anything, and if it works, it works; if it doesn't, then it just looks like you were looking at your phone. Then open you wallet and slide the card lol.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
my samsung pay didnt work for me at home depot..worked everywhere else so far..maybe i was doing something wrong..the employee said it dosent work there..i dont beleive her..

Used at Home depot yesterday without a problem. I was in the "manned" check out line. Have not tried in self checkout line at Home Depot.

franklyray

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday at Tijuana Flats in Daytona Beach I reached over the counter holding my S6Edge over the POS terminal swipe thing. I think the cashier thought I was trying to rob her, but when the POS terminal registered my card, she was amazed and brought her manager over.

A little riskier, but I handed the S6E to a cashier at a BBQ place, asked her to hold it against the card reader. She was amazed.

Only "impossible" location so far is the USPS. After finally getting their terminal to recognize my S6E, the terminal asked me for all my info (name, card number, etc). The transaction went thru. The employee was amazed, I was disappointed, but he suggested my card is now "in their system" come back to see if it is easier next time.

Final comment. After having resistance from Publix (grocery store in the SE USA) stores I tweeted their HQ, cc'd @SamsungPayUSA. Two weeks later Publix had trained their entire system to use SamsungPay.

Have fun with it.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was in the mall last weekend picking up the new Gear S2 classic at AT&T. I like the leather band but wanted a sports band for working out. Just outside the store there was a kiosk selling watches and accessories. I picked up a $20 sports band and tried paying with my S7 with Samsung pay. The guy was adamant that he purposely went low tech to protect his business but was shocked when the sale went through within seconds.

This is truly a great service that I will enjoy using more than I did with Apple Pay. I only hope that Apps will get updated to allow me to use Samsung to pay like Apple Pay does. It make reloading my Starbucks card and buying items from BestBuy that much easier.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that's not true (or at least I'm pretty sure it's not true). I have a feeling it will only work with AMEX cards that you get through AMEX. I couldn't register my USAA AMEX, but my AMEX Blue Card registered just fine.

My Costco Amex works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon