05-28-2016 10:06 PM
147 123 ...
tools
    I kno theres a lot of thread regarding samsung pay but this one is for the people's reaction when they see you using samsung pay.

1st: Went to stopNshop bought some bananas and yogurt. Cashier rang my stuff, pull out my S7e and put it on the terminal and transaction went smoothly. I saw the cashier whispering to herself "Wtf...?" And asked me " Is that samsung? Is that samsung pay?! " told her yes and she should get one. Left the store with the smile on my face.

2nd: Went to same store the next day bought some waters but different cashier. Pull out my phone put it on the terminal and transaction compelete. Then right before I leave I saw him talking to his cowrker so confused and asked

Cashier: "Did we install the chip reader already?"

Coworker: " No not yet why?"

Cashier : " Because the guy didnt even swipe his card, he just used his phone! Im so confused right now"

Lol I cant wait to use this more and see people's funny reaction.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2016 02:58 PM
    I tried at bestbuy and shoprite it wen fine and they are like meh ... but it dint go through at wallgreens , it came up with card read error .
    So far thats it
    03-13-2016 03:11 PM
    I can't wait for this to come to Canada

03-13-2016 04:06 PM
    What's their plan once all cards are chipped? Can the s7 imitate the secure chip as well?
    03-13-2016 04:07 PM
    What's their plan once all cards are chipped? Can the s7 imitate the secure chip as well?
    my amex blue card has the chip, works fine........
    bable and jboogie1289 like this.
    03-13-2016 04:49 PM
    used mine at Leslie's Pool Supply this morning. Guy looked at me and asked if that was my phone. Said yep, he replied that's dope!
    03-13-2016 04:54 PM
    Used Samsung Pay today at Home Depot with a chipped card and it went through just fine.

The cashier was wondering what I was doing while another one came over quickly stating emphatically that it would not work. She said it several times then looked in amazement as it went through. She kept saying that's not an iPhone. I said, it's not; it's a Samsung S7 Edge and walked out with a pep in my step. Some days, it's the little things.
    03-13-2016 05:08 PM
    Used it at the movie theater yesterday. Same amazed reaction. Loving Samsung Pay so far!
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-13-2016 06:04 PM
    I used mine at the place I get my haircut and the hairdresser said "damn... I knew I shouldn't have switched to an iPhone!!"

I also used it at my dry cleaner, the older Chinese woman that owns the place thought I was trying to trick her! But when her terminal printed the receipt she was amazed.
    jboogie1289 and James8561 like this.
    03-13-2016 06:16 PM
    I set mine up just a little while ago and used it at wal-mart self checkout so no surprised reactions yet, but I can not wait! It is amazing
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-13-2016 06:43 PM
    It works fine. Even with mimicking the card swipe, the transaction is approved at terminals that normally require you insert the chip.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-13-2016 06:56 PM
    How do you know what terminals accept it?

03-13-2016 06:58 PM
    I've been using Samsung pay on my S6 edge since it became available and I have gotten a lot of crazy reactions. Most of the time the people just say, "oh we don't have apple pay" and then when I work the magic they are amazed. Did it at a north face store and the employees all came to check it out they were so amazed. The few times it hasn't worked on the first try it has ended up working on a subsequent try so I have literally never encountered a store where it did not work. Still amazed by how awesome it is. Have used it with both chipped and non-chipped cards.

Funniest thing that happened was I went into a Hallmark store. Was using it and the woman said the whole "we don't do apple pay" thing. Then it worked and she was shocked and then she got mad. She thought I was trying to pull one over on her. She was so mad I actually got into a heated argument with her because she was essentially accusing me of being a thief! She was saying that she was responsible for the transactions on that register and was so upset like I was tricking her and she would eventually have to pay for it. She was probably middle aged and definitely not technically inclined. She treated me like I was trying to steal even after I politely explained what it was all about. Finally she stormed off acting like she had to answer the phone.
    03-13-2016 07:05 PM
    How do you know what terminals accept it?

It works at basically any terminal that accepts a card swipe or NFC. The major exception being readers where the card is fully inserted into a reader. Personally I don't use it where you physically have to hand your phone to a cashier. The last thing I need is a cashier dropping my phone.
    03-13-2016 07:53 PM
    S7 edge here and set it up and used for the first time today inside a gas station shop. The guy kept saying we don't have the chip reader and your phone won't work, I put my finger on the phone ignoring the guy and he looks at the screen and says no way it worked. Handed me the receipt and off I went, if only I had received the $30 gift card pop up I emailed samsung and their response was how to set up a card. I used an amex card . But the experience was easy.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-13-2016 08:18 PM
    I tried setting it up, but my bank aint compatible
    03-13-2016 08:19 PM
    Chipotle used to prevent me from trying it till I used it there and it worked. Half of the staff on the shift watched my phone process my bowl and drink. They all were Stunned and looked as if I was crazy.

I go to stores and swipe when they are saying "Your total is..." and the payment goes by quickly and they look at me like I'm crazy. I shrug and move on.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-14-2016 10:49 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay since launch day in Sept 2015 & there is still one place it hasn't worked - TJ Maxx. Has anyone used Samsung Pay at TJ Maxx successfully? If so, did you have to say some sort of phrase?
    03-14-2016 11:46 PM
    Well this is weird but I had Android pay on my HTC and I mostly use it to put gift cards in. I think I may have used it once. So here I am setting up my Samsung pay on my new phone I got my wallet out of my purse I I immediately put in 2 credit cards not knowing I should have just put in one and save the other one for the next promotion but anyway I left my wallet at home sitting on my desk can I go to the mall to the Zagg kiosk and he said he didn't take it but I don't think he knew and I didn't know how to do it right. I had to call my husband and get him to read me the numbers so the guy can manually punch it in.

So then I go to Best Buy Mobile in the mall to buy my Samsung EVO card and he used it kind of show me how we set it up I got a fingerprint I use my thumb well then here comes the $30 promotion where you get a gift card to Best Buy or some other place and I went to my work cafeteria oh it ain't going to work here it don't work here then I went to the gift shop she let me try it but I guess I didn't do it right. Finally yesterday at the Mexican restaurant taking food to work I figured it out and it worked and he wasn't sure that it went through and then it showed a different four digit number and then what my card is but I told him that was okay. But now I think it's just too cool people think it doesn't work but it does if it's done right. I don't know this is the best phone we've ever had I'm just amazed at it.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    03-15-2016 12:36 AM
    I find myself buying stuff just to use Samsung Pay ... Retailers better realize this potential.
    03-15-2016 08:58 AM
    Wait, how does this work on old credit card machines? Won't it only work on machines that have the little wifi looking logo?
    03-15-2016 10:22 AM

OMG...it generates magnetic fields to trick old machines! Now I get it. Wow, couldn't this be hacked and used by criminals somehow?
    Colchicine likes this.
    03-15-2016 10:25 AM

OMG...it generates magnetic fields to trick old machines! Now I get it. Wow, couldn't this be hacked and used by criminals somehow?
    It is safer than using the actual credit card. Anyone could steal your card and use it with no verification. At least the phone requires a pin or thumbprint to use. Also it doesn't transmit your registered card number, it uses a temporary one use number for each transaction.
    03-15-2016 10:49 AM
    I am impressed how well the MST works. The only thing missing is the ability to store your rewards cards like android pay does. Also needs more bank support. Only my bank card currently works and can't get all my rewards points.
    03-15-2016 10:51 AM
    Use beep n go for reward cards. Its great and links inside to take you straight to samsung pay from the reward card.
    03-15-2016 11:31 AM
147 123 ...