When you purchase S7 its supposed to be a choice of VR or that but I was also told I'd have to pay $5 per month for the S2 yet I dont see that on the promo website.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com...s/EnterVerizon

Anyone know if thats true or?
    03-13-2016 03:08 PM
    That's if you did the pre-order at a Verizon store. It seems they didn't fully explain this to you.

If you pre-ordered the S7/S7E at a Verizon store, you're eligible for a free Gear VR bundle and $100 off a Gear S2 3G which you would add to your account for $5/month.

If you placed a pre-order online or with a sales rep on the phone, you're eligible for either the Gear VR bundle OR a BT version fo the Gear S2.

Free Gear S2 + $5/month isn't a promotion you can find anywhere.
    03-13-2016 03:12 PM
    I can only tell you what I got, since apparently the Verizon rep bypassed the promo pages and sent me a GS2 direct from their warehouse.

I pre-ordered my S7 edge over the phone with Verizon on 2/23. She shipped my choice of promotional items (the GS2) right away, and I received on 2/25. During the pre-order she mentioned that the watch was free, but would require a $10 monthly access fee for data. This is the same as putting a tablet on your shared plan. At the end of the call, she dropped that fee to $5.00 per month. She didn't offer an explanation, simply said "by the way, I have something else for you...". IDK...maybe she found another promo she was able to give me. I have not looked at the offers on Samsung's site.

Sorry to add to the confusion, but I do know the 3g GS2 would require a data plan to be fully effective. Like my tablets, my GS2 has its own phone number. It was treated the same way had I added a tablet to my account, only at the last minute, she cut the price in half.
    03-13-2016 03:35 PM
    Yea I'm also confused. When I went to the store the rep told me I would have to add a line for it and pay $5 a month for it. Nothing in the box or promo page says I have to activate it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 07:21 AM
    You only need the extra line if you are going to use the S2 in 3g mode - watch alone without your phone - let's say you are a runner and you only take your watch with you. If you will always use it with your phone nearby, you connect via Bluetooth.
    I don't intend on using the 3g mode - Bluetooth seems to handle whatever I need
    04-07-2016 10:39 AM
    The promo that you get if you pre-order online or via phone will get you a Gear S2 3G smartwatch. This device will work without any issues and you do not have to pay a $5/month line access to use it. If, however, you wish to pay the access fee, you can enjoy 3G data on the watch itself without tying it to your phone. This is somewhat helpful for the reasons doxidad explained above. It will literally act like it's own little phone on its own.
    04-08-2016 05:47 AM
    I received a Gear S2 guys. However, I received it from the same day as my phone replacement from Asurion. I don't know who sent it to me now. The claim still says pending. Where did you guys get yours from? My send was Plainfields Return center. The box also says Verizon on it. What do you guys think?

04-09-2016 01:58 AM
    I received a Gear S2 guys. However, I received it from the same day as my phone replacement from Asurion. I don't know who sent it to me now. The claim still says pending. Where did you guys get yours from? My send was Plainfields Return center. The box also says Verizon on it. What do you guys think?

BRIGHTPOINT Time Warner indiana

04-09-2016 06:39 AM

Got the exact same thing from Plainfields Return center as well. Mine was also Verizon branded on the box and included an insert to explain the benefits of activating it for $5 a month as a connected device. This suggest that we did, in fact, get the 3g version of the S2. Anyone else getting the same?
    04-09-2016 12:48 PM