02-27-2017 10:13 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    First, I'd like to say I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and what it can do, when it's not restarting itself. This problem has only begun a few days ago but it's getting more and more frequent. I've deleted the apps that I installed that I thought my be causing the glitch. I've done a factory reset and it worked for a little while.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I had this problem, I found allowing usage data access to Google play store stopped the restarts.
    03-26-2016 05:53 PM
    First, I'd like to say I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and what it can do, when it's not restarting itself. This problem has only begun a few days ago but it's getting more and more frequent. I've deleted the apps that I installed that I thought my be causing the glitch. I've done a factory reset and it worked for a little while.

I've been having the same issue. Already done all the standard stuff up to and including getting a replacement s7 edge. I've narrowed it down to the charging cord. If I use my old cord from my note 3, it will keep restarting itself. Use the supplied cord or no cord at all and everything is good.
    03-28-2016 09:36 AM
    I've been having the same issue. Already done all the standard stuff up to and including getting a replacement s7 edge. I've narrowed it down to the charging cord. If I use my old cord from my note 3, it will keep restarting itself. Use the supplied cord or no cord at all and everything is good.
    Well...scratch that. Still getting the restarts. Noticed at work that it is happening when using my bluetooth speaker. Not only is it restarting, but it also changes many of the settings within the phone back to default. Any help out there yet?
    03-28-2016 03:06 PM
    I was getting 2-3 reboots per day on my s7 edge after a 75mb security update. Had to reset the damn thing after trying everything else. It's been 5 days without any restarts or problems.
    03-28-2016 04:02 PM
    I've narrowed it down to a Bluetooth issue. The only Bluetooth device I own is a jawbone big jambox . So I'm not sure if it's the speaker or the Bluetooth itself causing my problem. Any help or suggestions?
    03-29-2016 07:13 PM
    hi my s7 edge restarted itself tonight while one tab was on fb browser as i dont use apps alot and one tab on a shop for spray paint. the phone came up with the starting logo but no shut down logo. once it restarted it went back onto my tabs and then i heard a cb radio static with an american guy saying. you need to check this guy out ive never seen anything like this then it cut out. really wtf i had watchdogs the game on pause but was my phone getting hacked in real life lol im in scotland weird how id hear an american voice.
    03-29-2016 07:53 PM
    It's very irritating to see new phones giving soo many app crashes and reboots...after spending around 700 $ u want the phone to just work...wonder if ad card is a problem

Posted via the Android Central App From My awesome LG G4
    03-29-2016 08:54 PM
    I was having the reboot problem on my s7 edge myself. Contacted Verizon tech and tried almost everything you guys have done (except safe mode). Since I was under the 14 day trial day the customer service rep suggested I'd go back to the store and swap it for a new one. I did. It's been less that 24 hrs and my phone has rebooted 3xs now. So disappointed. Gonna try the safe mode and see what happens.
    03-30-2016 11:17 AM
    So far mine only reboots while listening to iheart radio. I can listen to Pandora with no problems.
    03-30-2016 12:37 PM
    Now that you mention it I do listen to iheart radio a lot. You might be on to something.
    STINGRAY86 likes this.
    03-30-2016 01:11 PM
    I second the iheartradio restart. That's the only time mine does it as well.
    STINGRAY86 likes this.
    03-30-2016 03:52 PM
    Mine will either get very laggy when typing, or restart, when I am connected to Bluetooth. I have both an LG Tone and Bose minilink.

With the Tone it happened when driving and using Google maps, as well as listening to a local radio station app. With the Bose I use Spotify.

I did both updates and forgot to enable the bloatware removed with package disabler. The only things I had turned off were pink files, and only about 15 of them.

I have a Spigen slim armour case on and wonder if overheating may be playing a part

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 04:14 PM
    i came across this thread from a search in google about the restart on S7 edge.

I dont know yet exactly how i can duplicate the restart. I just notice when i pick my phone from pocket and again it it telling to type in the password to use the fnigerprint option.

I am suspecting this has something to do with the updates i did on all app when i try to update all from playstore. Also, i tried to install the app zedge and apply a "batman vs superman" wallpaper.

I will still observe how it is getting restarted and will post back here.

I got mine last march 15 so i probably will not get a replacement if ever
    03-30-2016 09:34 PM
    Well - I'm on my 2nd Edge. 1st got stuck in boot-loader ... 2nd now I have a crazy issue... Voice Assistant took over my home button. On B travel so can't factory reset phone but plan to do it when I return later this week. I am 2 days outside of my 14 .. so have agreement that I can return w/out restocking.

Voice Assistant Took over Home Button>... Anyone? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    03-30-2016 11:31 PM
    I tried another radio streaming app, so far no restarts. On my previous Samsung, iHeart radio would occasionally stop playing and I would have to hit the play button again, but it never caused the phone to restart. Is it iHeart Radio or is it Samsung?
    04-01-2016 12:19 AM
    i came across this thread from a search in google about the restart on S7 edge.

I dont know yet exactly how i can duplicate the restart. I just notice when i pick my phone from pocket and again it it telling to type in the password to use the fnigerprint option.

I am suspecting this has something to do with the updates i did on all app when i try to update all from playstore. Also, i tried to install the app zedge and apply a "batman vs superman" wallpaper.

I will still observe how it is getting restarted and will post back here.

I got mine last march 15 so i probably will not get a replacement if ever
    4/1 - Update:

Seems i cannot re-create the boot when my phone is out of my pocket (on table, on my table, on desk..etc).
    However, when inside my pocket and i try to get it out after hearing some tune, i find that it has restarted again. This happens may 2 times already today and a few times from the time i made my first post.

I cant seem to understand why it is restarting whem it is inside my pocket. This has happened only recenty may for a week now. When i got it from march 15, i didnt experience phone restart even when it is in my pocket.

Any idea guys?
    04-01-2016 01:11 AM

Yes I actually took mine and exchanged it a week later and still having the same issue. One of the reps at Verizon told me the themes on the s7 are causing some issues, but I'm still having the problem without the themes.
    -good luck
    STINGRAY86 likes this.
    04-01-2016 06:54 AM
    I had my first restart when I got my phone. I was watching a youtube video and suddenly it freeze with beep sound. Hopefully that would be the last for me bc i am over the 14 day return period.

-S7Edge
    04-01-2016 08:03 AM
    4/1 - Update:

Seems i cannot re-create the boot when my phone is out of my pocket (on table, on my table, on desk..etc).
    However, when inside my pocket and i try to get it out after hearing some tune, i find that it has restarted again. This happens may 2 times already today and a few times from the time i made my first post.

I cant seem to understand why it is restarting whem it is inside my pocket. This has happened only recenty may for a week now. When i got it from march 15, i didnt experience phone restart even when it is in my pocket.

Any idea guys?
    Is Bluetooth turned on on your phone, as in the icon showing in the status bar at the top? Not necessarily connected to anything

04-01-2016 08:32 AM
    I had that problem only when using the iHeartRadio app. When I stopped using it, I had no restarts for days. I contacted iHeartRadio and they sent me an older version that works great.

04-01-2016 10:16 AM
    Those with restarts: are you using SD cards? Mine was fine until I put the SD card in my Mac to copy some files (as Android File Transfer didn't work). After that, I started getting regular reboots. Formatted the card and I only had one reboot the entire last week
    04-01-2016 10:36 AM
    Those with restarts: are you using SD cards? Mine was fine until I put the SD card in my Mac to copy some files (as Android File Transfer didn't work). After that, I started getting regular reboots. Formatted the card and I only had one reboot the entire last week
    No SD card here. My restarts seem to happen when Bluetooth is turned on on the phone, either with a device connected or shortly after its disconnected. Usually it's preceeded by significant lag when typing. Once the lag starts if I set my phone down it will restart. It hasn't happened with Bluetooth turned off on the phone that I can recall

04-01-2016 11:17 AM
    I also have iHeart Radio app installed and when listening to the Radio stations in my car my phone shuts down. I have also noticed it tends to happen usually 15 minutes into my drive.
    Emmanuel858 likes this.
    04-01-2016 12:42 PM
    Don1248 you nailed it. Since I un-installed the iheart radio app I have had only had 1 reboot(6 days). I'm going to install the app again and see if the rebooting starts up again.
    STINGRAY86 likes this.
    04-04-2016 01:35 PM
    hi so on google play there is a review from Chad Riffle having similar issue. iHeart responded stating he should uninstall and reinstall using Samsung Galaxy Apps which comes installed on the phone for now while they investigate. I will try it out and see what happens.
    04-07-2016 04:14 PM
101 1234 ...