02-27-2017 10:13 PM
101 12345
tools
    04-07-2016 04:36 PM
    Is Bluetooth turned on on your phone, as in the icon showing in the status bar at the top? Not necessarily connected to anything

Posted via the Android Central App
    I do not have the S7 edge, but do have the S6 Edge + and my phone did the "pocket restart". I did have Bluetooth on but not connected to anything. My car was about 100 yards away while having lunch, was connected prior to that.
    04-07-2016 04:48 PM
    I stopped having the reboot problems after deleting the new version of iHeartRadio and installing the older version iHeartRadio support sent me, but now I have another problem every couple of days. My phone and Moto 360 batteries drain really fast and my phone gets hot. I cleared the cache and data from the app, but that didn't work. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the link support sent me and everything is fine (for now). I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2016 10:07 AM
    Glad I found this thread cuz I started one a few days ago, but got only 2 responses. I tried uninstalling any rogue apps (took forever), safe mode, etc...didn't work. I got a replacement 2 days ago, installed same apps, phone rebooted 3X, an improvement from my first phone. If there is no permanent fix by the end of this month, I will once again return it to T-Mobile. We shouldn't need to play the guessing game and compromise our usage on a premium phone like this.
    04-08-2016 10:13 AM
    hi my s7 edge restarted itself tonight while one tab was on fb browser as i dont use apps alot and one tab on a shop for spray paint. the phone came up with the starting logo but no shut down logo. once it restarted it went back onto my tabs and then i heard a cb radio static with an american guy saying. you need to check this guy out ive never seen anything like this then it cut out. really wtf i had watchdogs the game on pause but was my phone getting hacked in real life lol im in scotland weird how id hear an american voice.
    im still wondering why i heard ppl talking on my phone i wonder if this was a security issuse the update fixed.
    04-08-2016 10:36 PM
    Any users can further help before I return it in a few days? I have been on my 2nd S7 Edge now for a week, rebooting issue still persists. My regular S7 has the same issue. I love the phones, but may give them a break and wait for the Note 6.
    04-12-2016 09:38 AM
    First, I'd like to say I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and what it can do, when it's not restarting itself. This problem has only begun a few days ago but it's getting more and more frequent. I've deleted the apps that I installed that I thought my be causing the glitch. I've done a factory reset and it worked for a little while.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I just got my edge on Monday. I was using I heart radio today and it has shut down 3 times and restarted. I thought my battery had died without notifying me. But nope battery was at a suitable level. So idk, maybe for mine it's the I heart radio app??
    04-20-2016 02:05 PM
    Mine started doing this only when I'm running iheart radio app for long period. How do you download a previous version of the app?
    04-20-2016 03:18 PM
    I've never had iHeartRadio installed - the service doesn't exist in Switzerland - but my phone still reboots once in a while.
    04-23-2016 04:14 PM
    I've never had iHeartRadio installed - the service doesn't exist in Switzerland - but my phone still reboots once in a while.
    How frequently?
    04-23-2016 07:49 PM
    How frequently?
    About once every other day, completely randomly. Sometimes during calls, sometimes while browsing the web etc.
    04-24-2016 12:16 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue, started first day I had it, love the phone but is soo unstable,...returned it on day 3 for a new one , same problem..not sure if it crashed before I installed apps or not, only apps were... I heart radio, candy crush and weatherbug...I don't know, but my 14 days isn't up yet, going to swap again, ...kind of thinking about paying the damn 50$ restocking fee for Verizon and swapping to a different brand, this is my first Samsung and I'm starting to question the decision
    04-24-2016 11:11 AM
    Can confirm that. I'm also from Switzerland and therefore don't have the iHeartRadio app installed. But my phone started to constantly reboot now (up to 6 times per hour) and gets hot once doing the reboot.
    zipro likes this.
    05-07-2016 03:33 AM
    Can confirm that. I'm also from Switzerland and therefore don't have the iHeartRadio app installed. But my phone started to constantly reboot now (up to 6 times per hour) and gets hot once doing the reboot.
    Do you have a Swisscom device? There was an update last week, since then, mine hasn't rebooted. That said, my wife and I both have Swisscom S7es and hers has never had any kind of stability problem.
    05-08-2016 03:45 PM
    I had times when my S7 Edge rebooted every 10-15 minutes. I uninstalled all possible apps, and the problem stopped. I think I have it pinned down to a culprit: Cortana for Android. So if this is happening to you, remove as many apps as possible and monitor new installs. Tedious but effective.
    05-10-2016 02:11 PM
    This happened to me with an S7. Did a factory reset and it seemed to take care of the reboots, but I was in my exchange window so I returned it for an Edge. All was fine until a month in when I moved all the apps I could to my external SD. Had to factory reset and the reboots have stopped (I left all apps on the internal SD this time). In retrospect moving apps to my external SD was when my random reboots started on my S7.
    zipro likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:25 PM
    This happened to me with an S7. Did a factory reset and it seemed to take care of the reboots, but I was in my exchange window so I returned it for an Edge. All was fine until a month in when I moved all the apps I could to my external SD. Had to factory reset and the reboots have stopped (I left all apps on the internal SD this time). In retrospect moving apps to my external SD was when my random reboots started on my S7.
    Mine has also rebooted again. Definitely seems to be related to the SD card.
    05-20-2016 07:13 AM
    I have random reboots appr9x 4 times per day. My phone does not get hot at all BUT I do have an issue with Facebook that requires a restart before I can reply to posts at times......I am guessing they are related issues..
    05-20-2016 07:45 AM
    I posted earlier that Cortana was the problem. Actually it wasn't Cortana. Neither was it the SD or any of the apps. I sent it to the shop three times, and three times it still turned off. Just a quick recap... After the first few hours of a factory reset, it would be working fine until (a) it rebooted or (b) it turned off. The most annoying thing was that, when it turned off, you wouldn't be able to turn it on UNLESS you plugged in the charger. Even if it had 80% of battery left, it would not turn on or battery disconnect AT ALL. Every time they "fixed it," all they did was re-flash the phone. Eventually I put my foot down and demanded a new device. They are out of stock where I live, so they are shipping one tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted! (crossing fingers).

P.S. This is by far the best phone I've ever had, almost reaching perfection. I really hope it was a factory defect and NOT a design flaw.
    05-22-2016 12:27 PM
    Hi i have a similar problem to you but mine happens when i use Facebook app. I even factory reset the phone but the problem still continues.
    danieldjz likes this.
    05-27-2016 02:03 PM
    Hey, just a quick update. I received my S7 Edge replacement last week, and it works like a Charm. No over-heating, rebooting, restarting, black screen, nothing. It's the perfect phone. If you guys are getting constant reboots, it could be a hardware error, as I discovered. Just FYI, I noticed that when my phone restarted, the internet activity spiked (my wifi router makes a sound when the 5Ghz gets very active).

Hope this all helps!
    Alasdair_mc likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:47 AM
    Hi. I am. My brand new S7 was restarting itself and I took into my TMobile store and they did a warranty exchange. Well, things were going fine until the last update😠

Now, it freezes at any given time, mostly when I'm in the middle of an app. Just did a factory reset an it is still not performing as it did when I first got it🤔☹️
    05-30-2016 09:47 PM
    Ran into this thread this morning and the behavior everyone described is what was happening to me. Phone would shut down minute after being inactive in my pocket. Power, Volume and Home keys would not make the phone respond. After hard rebooting, the phone would come up to a slow and lag filled home screen where even scrolling from home screen to home screen would crawl. Going into settings was slow and suddenly it would freeze. This happened from about 2:00 AM - 10:00 AM.

A couple days ago I inserted a 128 GB Micro SD card with about 50 GB of content. I read a comment that their SD caused it so I removed my SD card, rebooted the phone and after it booted that last time it has not turned off, become unresponsive or slowed down for about 5 hours now... seems fixed. Will insert some spare SD cards to see if there is an issue with the drivers loaded on this model and what it is specific to.

Hope this helps!
    Alasdair_mc likes this.
    06-01-2016 04:12 PM
    My S7 started rebooting everytime I tried to connect to the internet while the page was starting to open. I used the Smart Manager to 'Clean All', and I am using the internet again without it rebooting so it seems to have stopped the issue for now.
    07-27-2016 10:36 PM
    After a couple of hours of working fine following using the 'Clean All' function in the Smart Manager, the S7 is rebooting again.
    Tried a factory reset - it warned that all data and files would be deleted in the process. After the factory reset, it appears all files and data were still on the device so the factory reset did not work properly.
    It looks like this S7 is going back to be replaced at the shop....
    07-28-2016 02:57 AM
101 12345