11-06-2016 11:40 PM
69 123
tools
    I got it to heat up to the point where it shut down apps to protect the phone only once, and it was expected. I was driving, had Waze running, plugged into Quick Charge car charger, wireless hotspot turned on with another device connected and downloading a lot of content, while talking on a Skype for Business call. I'm impressed it took 30 minutes of this before it started shutting down apps to protect the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    chanchan05 likes this.
    03-18-2016 08:41 AM
    I'm with you until u said downloading content. Why in the world would u do that while skype-ing?
    03-18-2016 11:52 AM
    I'm with you until u said downloading content. Why in the world would u do that while skype-ing?
    It was on another device. Definitely deserved what I got and don't hold it against Samsung. I would expect this.

03-18-2016 11:55 AM
    The story is funny really. I expected it to end with a puff of smoke!
    03-18-2016 12:03 PM
    The story is funny really. I expected it to end with a puff of smoke!
    Indeed. It could have :-).

03-18-2016 12:33 PM
    My S7 Edge usually does not get hot, but today I decided to update my phone while it was charging and when I came back to check the phone the back was burning. I immediately went to CPU-Z to check the temperature and apparently the CPU reached nearly 100°C. Looks like I'm not going to leave the phone on charge for the next update.
    04-05-2016 02:12 AM
    The first time I turned on the phone it got extremely hot. I started to limit background processes and shutdown all apps running in the background. In just a few minutes the phone cooled down and has never gotten hot since.
    04-05-2016 05:03 AM
    What would be the maximum temperature the cpu can reach without any damage to it?
    04-05-2016 12:23 PM
    This a cool phone though. I'm sure the overheating can be fixed by updates.

04-05-2016 12:56 PM
    Bought mine on the 28th of March. But I actually started using it around the 6th. So in effect its onlly been a week put to use.
    Sure I agree with the getting-hot-while-initial-download excuse. But after 5 days, 5 factory resets and a slew of app mix and match together with turning off features in the setup, I just cant figure why a phone of this "power" cannot handle the load...

I just came back from the samsung service centre where the staff said the technical support would perform a "fresh install of the software" due to "suspected bugs during ota that occurs when phone is first activated".

After 45 minutes, she handed me the phone so i could test it with their wifi connection, i started to do 2 installs BBM and WA, and after 2 restarts later (black screen then the samsung text), it started heating up again. I even turned off auto app update just to isolate the load to those 2 apps FFS...

So she then suggested I hand the unit in for repairs....OMG, 1 week into using and now they wanna repair it? Is the technician even proficient in handling new products yet?

Im at a lost for words with this first experience of buying a "flag****" from Samsung. Even my cheap-*** Oppo handles the same load better and COOLER. And it costs 1/3 of this "powerful smartphone"
    04-13-2016 09:47 AM
    Bought mine on the 28th of March. But I actually started using it around the 6th. So in effect its onlly been a week put to use.
    Sure I agree with the getting-hot-while-initial-download excuse. But after 5 days, 5 factory resets and a slew of app mix and match together with turning off features in the setup, I just cant figure why a phone of this "power" cannot handle the load...

I just came back from the samsung service centre where the staff said the technical support would perform a "fresh install of the software" due to "suspected bugs during ota that occurs when phone is first activated".

After 45 minutes, she handed me the phone so i could test it with their wifi connection, i started to do 2 installs BBM and WA, and after 2 restarts later (black screen then the samsung text), it started heating up again. I even turned off auto app update just to isolate the load to those 2 apps FFS...

So she then suggested I hand the unit in for repairs....OMG, 1 week into using and now they wanna repair it? Is the technician even proficient in handling new products yet?

Im at a lost for words with this first experience of buying a "flag****" from Samsung. Even my cheap-*** Oppo handles the same load better and COOLER. And it costs 1/3 of this "powerful smartphone"
    That's terrible service. They should give you a new phone, not repair the old one. Sorry you're going through this crap.

04-13-2016 10:01 AM
    does anyone have this problem?
    I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
    I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?
    I have the same proplem ... did u solve it ???
    04-17-2016 02:53 PM
    194 countries of the world use the octa core Exynos 8890 processor and 2, China and U.S.A., use the quad core Snapdragon 820 processor. It may be helpful if posters could specify which one they have as it could make a difference.
    04-17-2016 02:57 PM
    i have the same overheating proplem which is 35c with the normal usage and closing all backroud apps while iam using it my variant is exynous8890 is there any sove to this issue :l
    04-17-2016 03:27 PM
    What would be the maximum temperature the cpu can reach without any damage to it?
    The cpu has thermal protection. It would shut down the cpu before any damage occurred
    Darkmatter0603 and cwai101 like this.
    04-23-2016 12:18 AM
    I had that problem until I deleted iHeartRadio, then it ran fine. I contacted iHeartRadio support and they sent me an older version of the app. It works great for a few days, but if I restart the phone for some reason, it gets hot again and my Moto 360 battery drains really fast. I have to delete iHeartRadio again and reinstall it from the email link they sent me. It then runs great for a few days, then I have to do it all over again.

04-23-2016 08:42 AM
    temperature 45 to 60 is a norm for this s7 edge?Is there any overheat shut down function?
    05-16-2016 08:51 AM
    The phone still not shutting down yet after reach this temperature?
    05-16-2016 08:55 AM
    temperature 45 to 60 is a norm for this s7 edge?Is there any overheat shut down function?
    If you are referring to cpu Temps, then you would be fine. Mine was restarting when Temps where going over 90 degrees C
    05-16-2016 05:34 PM
    I have the same problem I think. I've been using my S7 Edge since friday and I noticed that while browsing or doing other "non heavy" tasks my phone gets warm, especially on the back but also the screen. I then downloaded the app CPU-Z and started to check the temperature in certain situations. When my phone ist resting on a desk, it idles between 27-29 C. When I carry it in my pocket, it idles between 29-32 C. And when I'm using it for more than 2 minutes the heat starts rising to 33-36 C.
    I'm not sure if these numbers are normal for a smartphone because I never thought about the temperature but because I can feel the heat so much more than while using my old phone (Z3, which means it had a glass back too) I'm not sure if i got a faulty unit.
    The only explanation I can imagine is that because of the new implemented heat pipe in the S7, the heat which normally would stay in the phone and maybe throttle the processor now gets spreaded onto the back of the phone to cool the processor and thats why I can feel it more than the Z3.
    What temperature do you get normally on your phone?
    05-24-2016 12:10 PM
    Hello xxstranger!

If you have a case, have you thought of taking it off every once in a while?
    06-09-2016 09:56 AM
    I FOUND AN ANSWER ON LINE AND IT seems to work so far. Turn off the Power Charge.
    06-09-2016 12:04 PM
    I find that if I don't have wifi and I am in a poor LTE area or other 3G area, trying to do something hard and work the phone (like update apps or something) it gets VERY hot, hottest phone I have ever used.
    06-10-2016 11:32 AM
    I had 7s edge for 3weeks and it just started overheating at 41 Celsius the screen will turn off fast before you can unlock it .
    08-01-2016 11:35 PM
    does anyone have this problem?
    I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
    I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?
    08-21-2016 03:49 PM
69 123