s7 Edge getting hot - overheating?

boomslang6

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Ive had mine since the 12th. It started locking up and getting really hot in my hand yesterday. Today it completely locked up after heating up and i had to return it. I asked the Verizon guy and he said. "its the first one they have gotten back with this problem." They replaced it with a new one with no problems. I tried to reset several times but it just kept doing the same thing, I think the internal battery might have been damaged.

boomslang6

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
my s7 edge was doing the same thing getting hot locking up and i could not restart it until i kept pulling the sim then it would act normal then do it again

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I got it to heat up to the point where it shut down apps to protect the phone only once, and it was expected. I was driving, had Waze running, plugged into Quick Charge car charger, wireless hotspot turned on with another device connected and downloading a lot of content, while talking on a Skype for Business call. I'm impressed it took 30 minutes of this before it started shutting down apps to protect the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you until u said downloading content. Why in the world would u do that while skype-ing?

It was on another device. Definitely deserved what I got and don't hold it against Samsung. I would expect this.

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge usually does not get hot, but today I decided to update my phone while it was charging and when I came back to check the phone the back was burning. I immediately went to CPU-Z to check the temperature and apparently the CPU reached nearly 100°C. Looks like I'm not going to leave the phone on charge for the next update.

jaj_ne

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
The first time I turned on the phone it got extremely hot. I started to limit background processes and shutdown all apps running in the background. In just a few minutes the phone cooled down and has never gotten hot since.

Bang Hot

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Bought mine on the 28th of March. But I actually started using it around the 6th. So in effect its onlly been a week put to use.
Sure I agree with the getting-hot-while-initial-download excuse. But after 5 days, 5 factory resets and a slew of app mix and match together with turning off features in the setup, I just cant figure why a phone of this "power" cannot handle the load...

I just came back from the samsung service centre where the staff said the technical support would perform a "fresh install of the software" due to "suspected bugs during ota that occurs when phone is first activated".

After 45 minutes, she handed me the phone so i could test it with their wifi connection, i started to do 2 installs BBM and WA, and after 2 restarts later (black screen then the samsung text), it started heating up again. I even turned off auto app update just to isolate the load to those 2 apps FFS...

So she then suggested I hand the unit in for repairs....OMG, 1 week into using and now they wanna repair it? Is the technician even proficient in handling new products yet?

Im at a lost for words with this first experience of buying a "flag****" from Samsung. Even my cheap-*** Oppo handles the same load better and COOLER. And it costs 1/3 of this "powerful smartphone"

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine on the 28th of March. But I actually started using it around the 6th. So in effect its onlly been a week put to use.
Sure I agree with the getting-hot-while-initial-download excuse. But after 5 days, 5 factory resets and a slew of app mix and match together with turning off features in the setup, I just cant figure why a phone of this "power" cannot handle the load...

I just came back from the samsung service centre where the staff said the technical support would perform a "fresh install of the software" due to "suspected bugs during ota that occurs when phone is first activated".

After 45 minutes, she handed me the phone so i could test it with their wifi connection, i started to do 2 installs BBM and WA, and after 2 restarts later (black screen then the samsung text), it started heating up again. I even turned off auto app update just to isolate the load to those 2 apps FFS...

So she then suggested I hand the unit in for repairs....OMG, 1 week into using and now they wanna repair it? Is the technician even proficient in handling new products yet?

Im at a lost for words with this first experience of buying a "flag****" from Samsung. Even my cheap-*** Oppo handles the same load better and COOLER. And it costs 1/3 of this "powerful smartphone"

That's terrible service. They should give you a new phone, not repair the old one. Sorry you're going through this crap.

M7mad_alprince

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
does anyone have this problem?
I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?
I have the same proplem ... did u solve it ???

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
194 countries of the world use the octa core Exynos 8890 processor and 2, China and U.S.A., use the quad core Snapdragon 820 processor. It may be helpful if posters could specify which one they have as it could make a difference.

M7mad_alprince

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
i have the same overheating proplem which is 35c with the normal usage and closing all backroud apps while iam using it my variant is exynous8890 is there any sove to this issue :l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12