11-06-2016 11:40 PM
69 123
tools
    I noticed that when I put my S7 in a case it overheats quickly. When I take it out of the case it cools down quickly and doesn't overheat again. I think heat dissipation is faster without a case. I was using an OtterBox leather case specifically made for the S7.
    08-21-2016 03:56 PM
    my phone is not gettingn hot while charging and always on ..it getttng hot when i am using phone only it take 2,3 min to get hot ...what to do help me plzzz ??/
    08-28-2016 03:43 PM
    Check out this video were the phone was on for a bit...this worries me. at 7:20
    09-01-2016 10:32 PM
    does anyone have this problem?
    I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
    I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?
    I have had my S7edge for a little over a month and it overheats randomly to the point of where it cracked my back screen 3 times. Never dropped this phone. Because this happened a day after best buys return policy of 14 days they refuse to do anything with it. They have been giving me the run around from dealing with Samsung directly to going to Verizon. Non of them wanted to touch it. I would suggest going and getting it replaced if you can.
    I can't put it in the Gear VR because after less than 5 minutes it shuts my phone off. And thats just watching videos on it or looking at photos
    I can only take 5 min of video or a few photos before I get the overheating message.
    Very disappointed with it. They aren't cheap.
    Nancylee connelly likes this.
    09-05-2016 07:49 PM
    I have had my S7edge for a little over a month and it overheats randomly to the point of where it cracked my back screen 3 times. Never dropped this phone. Because this happened a day after best buys return policy of 14 days they refuse to do anything with it. They have been giving me the run around from dealing with Samsung directly to going to Verizon. Non of them wanted to touch it. I would suggest going and getting it replaced if you can.
    I can't put it in the Gear VR because after less than 5 minutes it shuts my phone off. And thats just watching videos on it or looking at photos
    I can only take 5 min of video or a few photos before I get the overheating message.
    I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but your units are faulty. Too many others haven't had these issues, including me, for them to be across the board.

Personally I think this should be covered by Samsung's warranty, and I'm sure you've already made a stink about it with them. So let me suggest something. Have you tried tweeting to them (publicly) about it?

Companies like Samsung watch their Twitter feeds for bad press a lot. They tend to respond with a separate team that is far more likely to help. As long as you're diplomatic about it, say something like you've come to expect much better customer service from them, etc, and you don't take to Twitter to complain every day about something else, and finally tweet something positive after they take care of the issue...

I'm not saying it always works, but it's worth a try in my view.
    09-05-2016 08:28 PM
    Are you getting the cooling down message?
    I do have getting the message when I do the video. The phone is hot as always, but no message. Only take video getting message
    09-10-2016 06:58 AM
    I should use like a month now. Still getting hot easily. Also I went to Samsung 837, they said it's normal, I just wanna tell them, I am not the first time to use the smart or Samsung phone. I know what is hot and what is warm.
    Is anything can do with this overheating?
    09-10-2016 07:04 AM
    I should use like a month now. Still getting hot easily. Also I went to Samsung 837, they said it's normal, I just wanna tell them, I am not the first time to use the smart or Samsung phone. I know what is hot and what is warm.
    Is anything can do with this overheating?
    Download CPU-Z and check the temperature of the phone. Alternatively you can measure with an infrared thermometer.

Anything above 55-60C on a regular basis, is crossing into the "phone is faulty" zone.

My S7E was getting hot and it would start as soon as the screen was on and without doing anything on the phone. It could easily reach 70-80C. Samsung service never gave me any problems and repaired the phone by changing both the main board and the screen.
    09-10-2016 12:12 PM

The exact same thing happened to me... I've never dropped this phone and the glass got so hot it cracked. T mobile won't do anything about it. Samsung won't do anything. And are 800 bucks I feel cheated
    09-23-2016 02:27 AM
    Hello, has anyone bought this vr cooling fan yet? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KPTSQ4W...cUvbUpU5455560 My phone s7 gets hot in 15 minutes
    09-29-2016 11:48 PM
    Remove all oclus and samsung VR apps. Will solve the issue
    09-30-2016 08:39 AM
    I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
    I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?
    10-10-2016 06:12 PM
    I purchased my galaxys7samsung phone in march. I didnt have a phone cover for it, for a month. I kept getting burned on my jawline of my face. This phone would get so hot when using it. I ended up with a red blistered jawline. Now i got a cover in april, much better, but i could feel the phones heat. Now its oct.10,2016, i am taking my phone back . I had the cover off for a month, because i like the gold look of my phone. Well in the same spot as before my jawline red ,red, blistered, i cant take it no more . My phone gets hotter than my husbands, his gets hot to, but he has a cover on his.my granddaughter came to me and said here is your phone mom mom, its to hit for me. That top the cake. I took pictures of my damaged face. Nancy connelly from n.e. pa. The internal insides have the same compotents that the note has., except the note is thinner
    10-10-2016 06:28 PM
    10-17-2016 05:57 PM
    Have you done a factory data reset? Its recommend & i do it all the time after i receive & downloaded an update.

Also, it can get hot if you have wifi & data on at the same time so turn one off if the other isn't in use. (Having both is great, but it saved me from mines over heating) by the way, do you use an extended cord to charge you're phone at all? (Since our cords are short) That could be a problem as well. You might wanna replace the extended cord to be safe.

& Every Android is set to global. If you're not a traveler, set your network to LTE/CDMA.

Those are my tips & hopefully itll help you out. Mines gotten up to 120. Idk what you've tried yet... or what you have running but if its hot just by sitting there.. you have an app going nuts... making your processor keep going. These omaps are bad for heat.
    Post your battery stats.. the one built in to your phone in system settings, battery. Take a screen shot of that & post it. Im sure someone here can get down to the problem & help more than i can😅
    10-17-2016 06:30 PM
    Does any one have average CPU(Snapdragon) temp like 40~50C ?
    I got Edge 7 3days ago, and when I am using bluetooth or searching web I can feel warm from the backside (Exactly, near power button.)

When turning on CPUtemp or CPUz, I can see over 45~50C. But while watching something on Youtube, the temp is around 50~52C and I dont feel warm on my hand.
    Is it normal ?

Also, when I am recording something with back camera, the temperature goes up like 60~67C.

If this is abnormal then I would really like to change my phone to Iphone
    10-26-2016 07:50 PM
    mine also did this. and sometimes it would start calling people from my phone list at random. when i called my provider i told them of the heat and odd things that the phone would do and they replaced it for me. i kinda lucked out and got a different phone. this one works better.
    10-26-2016 08:12 PM

I ve an s7 and it is doing 60c to 70c and the battery is 38c. I can feel the heat through my otterbox defender and feel it radiating heat from the camera area and im not even touching it. Also since its getting very hot the battery has expanded and is pushing the back glass off the phone. Im typing this and it is lagging very very badly.
    11-02-2016 03:15 PM
    Download CPU-Z and check the temperature of the phone. Alternatively you can measure with an infrared thermometer.

Anything above 55-60C on a regular basis, is crossing into the "phone is faulty" zone.

My S7E was getting hot and it would start as soon as the screen was on and without doing anything on the phone. It could easily reach 70-80C. Samsung service never gave me any problems and repaired the phone by changing both the main board and the screen.
    Did that actually fix it
    11-06-2016 11:40 PM
69 123