s7 Edge getting hot - overheating?

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
does anyone have this problem?
I bought my phone yesterday and ıts getting so hot just after i unlock and use camera for lıke a few photos or to look email/internet

it gets hot next to camera where İ believe processor is. Battery isnt overheating the way i see it in program
I checked temp with cpu programs it shown 34.c and 40-45 at charging. but still i think its not normal after this small use to get so hot. could it be defective and i should take it back?

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
no ım not getiing any message but ıit gets hot in my hands just after opening camera and taking a few photos. so far i noticed camera mostly makes it so hot at the backside and front. it gets hot with checking emails too but with camera its even more and temp shown was around 34 - 40ish because

even just charging now and google photos backing up it went up to 60.c

@dpham00 does it get hot in your hands just after like using it for 5 min?

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
hm @ClintRO but İ wonder how can that be normal. İ never got this with my S5 when İ got it new. Did yours get hot like that with small use like mine like just taking a few photos?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea.... Quite a bit. I think it was updates and stuff running in the background. Maybe a reboot will help.

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
yes İ do. İs ıt anything about it? though I keep getting that sd message that people reported keeps popping up a few times in a day

@xocamaox

I played a game and with game it gets just warm and evenly warm like the whole phone, not like with normal use and photo taking while it gets hot next to camera at the back and front

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine only got hot as it downloaded all my apps over LTE and installed them. After that it's been fine with normal use and even gaming some.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
yes İ do. İs ıt anything about it? though I keep getting that sd message that people reported keeps popping up a few times in a day

@xocamaox

I played a game and with game it gets just warm and evenly warm like the whole phone, not like with normal use and photo taking while it gets hot next to camera at the back and front

This could be an indication of a faulty microsd card or (more rare) card slot in your phone. I would pull it out and try using the phone to see if you can isolate the issue.

My phone doesn't seem to go past 100ºF or 38ºC when charging/gaming/taking video, according to GSam.

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
okay, but I dont think card or slot can be a problem because i am not even saving to an SD card. It's saving to device

plus like I saıd just taking a few photos it gets so hot next to camera at the back, but when gaming ıts less plus then all phone ıs warm not like when running camera

xxstranger

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
and now it happened today the phone became totally unresponsive. back button, open apps button nor home button worked. İ took a photo and suddenly after reviewing photos screen went black and İ had to hold volume down + power to imitate the battery pull

so İ think its tıme to call my operator

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since March 1st, and so far it's been lagging a little here and there but less than normal for a Samsung. Whenever I shoot video is gets pretty hot, but no warnings yet. I'll continue to monitor and let you all know if it continues.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
okay, but I dont think card or slot can be a problem because i am not even saving to an SD card. It's saving to device

plus like I saıd just taking a few photos it gets so hot next to camera at the back, but when gaming ıts less plus then all phone ıs warm not like when running camera

Just because you are not saving data to the SD card doesn't mean the phone is not using it. I would eliminate any foreign hardware connected to the phone (sd card) before trying to troubleshoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2