06-07-2016 12:07 PM
52 123
tools
    Exynos or s820?. Cut mine is way faster than the s6 edge plus

Posted via the Android Central App
    Snapdragon, only available here on US carriers.
    03-15-2016 06:15 AM
    Return it for another one. The screen on mine is perfect and it doesn't get hot at all
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-15-2016 08:31 AM
    The speed of Lollipop and Marshmallow seem to be the same when touching shortcuts on the home screen. (instant)

Not sure what you're talking about here.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:43 AM
    Just returned and got a replacement. The display is better, on par with my S6 Edge Plus.

Heat wise is the same as the other one. CPU-Z reports the battery temps reach 36.5C - 37C. Of course, the actual SoC Reaches 60-70C. This was just downloading stuff and installing apps and doing updates, gets very hot.

One other thing I noticed is that Marshmallow has a slower interface speed than Lollipop! Ugh! It's the delay when tapping on an icon or hitting the back button, now is about the same speed as an iPhone 6S whereas my S6 Edge + responds to input much more immediately (despite having problems keeping apps in memory).
    I would try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem. Because it could be some third party app misbehaving.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-15-2016 02:02 PM
    Every smartphone heats up when gaming or rendering video, now the thing is if your phone heats up to the point that starts lagging. (Happened to me with a Gnote3, had to return it)
    03-15-2016 02:36 PM
    I have 2 silver and gold I don't have any issues at all. I was wondering when you say "Hot" how hot is it? Both of mine get warm when gaming hard or charging mostly fast charging

Tatt2014 likes this.
    03-15-2016 03:28 PM
    OP, what are you using to give you a full white screen like that?
    03-15-2016 03:46 PM
    my friend's doesn't do that
    03-15-2016 08:45 PM
    It is noticeably slower than my S6 Edge Plus in normal phone navigation. It's probably a bit faster than an iPhone in interface nav but I can definitely notice the difference between Lollipop and Marshmallow. It's just more infuriating how Android always seems to take a step back somewhere in every new OS. I'd rather take the S7 Edge hardware with iOS at this point.
    Really? Didn't own an S6 so I can't say to be fair. Came from an S5 and it's definitely more fluid and stutters far less (once so far).

Do you reckon it could be initial jitters? I've noticed all Android devices I've owned have a week or two of settling down. Once the learning programs have gathered data and accounts get into a routine. May sound stupid, but I imagine things like Samsung's new auto brightness feature could be taking up a fraction of processing power whilst it's learning. Then once it has info, it just goes into a standard running programming rather than an adaptive one.

Either way there's no way this device's hardware nor software is beaten by iOS IMO. I've played with them and find them boring and hugely problematic after an OS update.

03-15-2016 10:20 PM
    I also have defective screen on my samsung s7 edge.... i dont know how to upload picture here
    06-03-2016 09:37 AM
    My phone never heats up. Is this because it's Exynos?
    06-03-2016 10:04 AM
    Just returned and got a replacement. The display is better, on par with my S6 Edge Plus.

Heat wise is the same as the other one. CPU-Z reports the battery temps reach 36.5C - 37C. Of course, the actual SoC Reaches 60-70C. This was just downloading stuff and installing apps and doing updates, gets very hot.

One other thing I noticed is that Marshmallow has a slower interface speed than Lollipop! Ugh! It's the delay when tapping on an icon or hitting the back button, now is about the same speed as an iPhone 6S whereas my S6 Edge + responds to input much more immediately (despite having problems keeping apps in memory).
    SoC?
    06-03-2016 10:06 AM
    Snapdragon, only available here on US carriers.
    Exynos chip is better than the Snap. The Snap 820 on the S7 is dual core latest gen Krait, while the Exynos in the rest of the world uses a quad core Mongoose. Both of this apart from the quad power saving chips. All S6 models and the Note 5 uses Exynos chips because Samsung decided to not use last year's Snaps because they had overheating issues.

Any extra heat or slight slowness you see on the S7 can be attributed to the different chips.
    06-03-2016 07:32 PM
    My phone never heats up. Is this because it's Exynos?
    Same with mine. Gets warm fast charging and less so with intensive gaming. I think Europe got the good deal when it came to processor.
    love4speechless likes this.
    06-03-2016 07:53 PM
    Same with mine. Gets warm fast charging and less so with intensive gaming. I think Europe got the good deal when it came to processor.
    For once with technology it pays to be in Australia lol. I'm so used to Australia being last with technology or getting dodgy products or getting updates months late xd
    06-03-2016 08:04 PM
    The Exynos SOC is a trade off. Temp isn't one of them. I have used the gear VR for a hour or so and my S7e is barely warms afterwords. The exynos may be a little faster in highly threaded tasks, but the individual cores are slower then the kryo cores in the SD 820. Most things on phones aren't that threaded though.

06-04-2016 10:50 AM
    The Exynos SOC is a trade off. Temp isn't one of them. I have used the gear VR for a hour or so and my S7e is barely warms afterwords. The exynos may be a little faster in highly threaded tasks, but the individual cores are slower then the kryo cores in the SD 820. Most things on phones aren't that threaded though.

On single core tests yes, however on side by side testing of the Exynos and Snap, the Exynos reveals to be faster in real life performance.

Plus the audio quality is different. The Snapdragon has been reported to have been producing subpar audio quality via wited headsets, compared to the excellent quality on the Exynos ones due to the onboard Wolfson DAC on the SoC that the Snap820 lacks.
    06-04-2016 11:55 PM
    On single core tests yes, however on side by side testing of the Exynos and Snap, the Exynos reveals to be faster in real life performance.

Plus the audio quality is different. The Snapdragon has been reported to have been producing subpar audio quality via wited headsets, compared to the excellent quality on the Exynos ones due to the onboard Wolfson DAC on the SoC that the Snap820 lacks.
    It makes you wonder why they didn't make all of them Exynos with how much better the Exynos seems to be in every department. Wouldn't they want as good a phone as possible?
    06-05-2016 12:14 AM
    It makes you wonder why they didn't make all of them Exynos with how much better the Exynos seems to be in every department. Wouldn't they want as good a phone as possible?
    Exynos doesn't have a CDMA capability. Only the US and China uses it anyway. So maybe they just thought, meh let's just use the Qualcomm chip.

Plus it's an optimization issue. Comparing times, they also have a video where the HTC 10 scored faster than the Snap820 S7 despite both having the same SoC. The 10 scores about 15secs slower than the Exynos S7, unlike the Snap820 S7 which was a full 40secs slower.

Interestingly, the Snap820 S7 scored 5 secs faster in its HTC10 video battle than it did against its brother.
    06-05-2016 12:15 AM
    The problem is these video battles as you put it have absolutely nothing to do with performance of the actual device. As much as standard benchmarks don't present a valid comparison for real world use they do show what the processor is able to achieve. The slowdown's they are showing in the video are likely related to configuration of the device.
    06-05-2016 03:36 AM
    The problem is these video battles as you put it have absolutely nothing to do with performance of the actual device. As much as standard benchmarks don't present a valid comparison for real world use they do show what the processor is able to achieve. The slowdown's they are showing in the video are likely related to configuration of the device.
    In a similar way, benchmarks will be affected also by configuration. I get different scores for Antutu that what reviews post. And the reviewers on the video claim that they got the phones setup as identical as possible. As such this will be closer to real life if everything was stock. In fact the Snap820 here they claim had an advantage of less bloatware and it still lost.
    06-05-2016 04:02 AM
    Samsung chips are superior to Snapdragon in every way. I hope they begin to implement them across the board on their phones in the future.

06-05-2016 05:35 AM
    The real world performance of the S7 Edge pales in comparison the HTC 10. Like dropped frames, system freezes, unresponsive navigation etc.

/I use both Verizon variants and the S7 Edge (Snapdragon) is the lag fest in daily usage.
    06-07-2016 06:57 AM
    The real world performance of the S7 Edge pales in comparison the HTC 10. Like dropped frames, system freezes, unresponsive navigation etc.

/I use both Verizon variants and the S7 Edge (Snapdragon) is the lag fest in daily usage.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

06-07-2016 07:56 AM

What lag festival?

I would say that if you are experiencing any lag on your devices you are doing something wrong...

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge
    06-07-2016 09:02 AM
52 123