Poweramp volume?

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Is anybody using poweramp on the S7 edge? My volume is extremely low compared to play music....anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
This setting will make you go deaf

83836153f1850e3e2978c8af0cc759a3.jpg

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I tried everything, I almost have to max the volume to hear music at half way. Then I switch to play music player at same volume level and it's extremely loud! I've been having a lot of audio problems with this phone since Friday when I got it.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
When I leave the volume at a qtr of the way up, I play poweramp, barely hear anything, I then play the play app, and I hear it just fine.... WTF!

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
yep same here... what's even more F'd up is that when i play music in another app and come back to poweramp its like listening through some filter paper and a lot of static....

i was about to return my device haha

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Tried it again... Volume at halfway, I can't hear nothing on poweramp.... I use any other music player with the volume the same, I hear it the way it supposed to be..... Between this and the Aux static issue in my car, looks like I'm taking this back and going G5... Most likely... This is ridiculous....

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried it again... Volume at halfway, I can't hear nothing on poweramp.... I use any other music player with the volume the same, I hear it the way it supposed to be..... Between this and the Aux static issue in my car, looks like I'm taking this back and going G5... Most likely... This is ridiculous....

if this only happens with Poweramp.. it's the devs for poweramp that need to address compatibility ... haven't read your aux issue... but from a poweramp perspective it's the App ... they need to ensure it works on all types of hardware..

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
So basically, poweramp does not work on my S7.... Low volume, and static.... I grabbed blackplayer and it works just fine.... Not as good as poweramp, but will do until they fix it....

minoch

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This has been discussed on other forums (XDA) it seems to only happen on Snapdragon versions of the S7 Edge.
You are not alone.

Shinigami Mai

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Do this go in to settings audio advanced tweeks uncheck direct volume control for both direct and bt this will increase your volume to where it should be took me a bit to figure out but it fixed my poweramp low volume issue

CrickKoyl

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Is anybody using poweramp on the S7 edge? My volume is extremely low compared to play music....anyone else?

Try this, when not playing music change this setting:

Settings > Audio Engine > Advanced Tweaks > Direct Volume Control DESELECTED

BlutoSlice

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
PowerAmp 3 Alpha 704 has really improved things on my S7 (non edge exinos), it now is back to S4 volume behavior, and the new UI is nice too.

Edit: Direct Volume Control tweak helped a little , using the alpha is a must.

rexx1234567

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Do this go in to settings audio advanced tweeks uncheck direct volume control for both direct and bt this will increase your volume to where it should be took me a bit to figure out but it fixed my poweramp low volume issue

You are a genius. I have seen those two settings for direct volume control and Bluetooth direct volume control, but I have never realized that could be the fix for the low volume problem. I did exactly what you said and it fixed the problem immediately.
I am using a "ZTE Grand X Max 2" telephone with OS version marshmallow 6.0.1 . My Poweramp version is 2.0.10-build-588-play with no plugins installed.

Just so everyone knows, having these two options enabled can also cause the "Replay Gain" (RG) features not to work.

Also, if you have these two features enabled you will notice that the bass level decreases as you turn the volume up and the sound will become distorted when you turn the volume up to maximum. So it is best just to disable these two features all together.

Thanks again to the person that posted the answer which is shown above, you have solved multiple problems with this fix.

On another note, there is a separate issue that I think people here should know about. Whether you have DVC enabled or not the following issue will occur in version 2.0.10 or later. When using The Equalizer in Poweramp, if you try to increase the level of bands 2K, 4K, 8K, or 16k it will cause the treble knob to stop working. It seems that this is some sort of a glitch. The current Poweramp version that is available as of this comment is version V3 build 703 Alpha. In this latest version the issue is still not fixed. A workaround is to turn the "tone" button off and strictly use the equalizer to change the bass and treble.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles