I was very please to see that you could adjust the brightness slider without unchecking the auto brightness check box. My assumption (of course) was that as long as this box remained checked the phone would adjust the brightness around whatever set point you choose. But that it would still adjust based on ambient light conditions.

Now I find that if I alter the slider with the box checked it acts just like a manual adjustment -- which is to say that it stays right where I set it regardless of the ambient lighting conditions. I uninstalled Lux as I thought that might be conflicting with the built-in software but it just acts like a purely manual adjustment even though the "Auto" box is checked.

Am I missing something here?
    03-14-2016 09:15 AM
    Mine works as you describe, varies with ambient light. I would suggest Lux may have messed up something. Did you reboot after uninstalling? That might help.
    03-14-2016 09:27 AM
    I was very please to see that you could adjust the brightness slider without unchecking the auto brightness check box. My assumption (of course) was that as long as this box remained checked the phone would adjust the brightness around whatever set point you choose. But that it would still adjust based on ambient light conditions.

Now I find that if I alter the slider with the box checked it acts just like a manual adjustment -- which is to say that it stays right where I set it regardless of the ambient lighting conditions. I uninstalled Lux as I thought that might be conflicting with the built-in software but it just acts like a purely manual adjustment even though the "Auto" box is checked.

Am I missing something here?
    Lux > advanced options > alternate overlay
    03-14-2016 09:56 AM