Odd Functionality with Text messages from Lock Screen

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure if this is a feature or a bug.

So say i get a text message while my phone is locked. I hit the home button, tap the notification and swipe to take me right into the message. I write my text, hit send and then i realize i want to text someone else. So i hit the back arrow on the messaging app in the top left.

This takes me back to the home screen or whatever i was doing previously before i locked my phone.
I've also tried hitting the capacitive back button as well but that pretty much obviously takes you out of the app.

I can re-create this every time. I tried re-creating this on my co-workers note 5 and his did not behave this way.

Any ideas other than switching messaging apps?

skhalid93

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I could be right or wrong with this but you opened your text message from the notification bar, not from the messaging app itself. Therefore, the messaging app isn't technically 100% open, its just the quick reply that's open. When you press the back button, it takes you to "your" last page, aka your home screen.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I could be right or wrong with this but you opened your text message from the notification bar, not from the messaging app itself. Therefore, the messaging app isn't technically 100% open, its just the quick reply that's open. When you press the back button, it takes you to "your" last page, aka your home screen.

I understand that. I just don't understand why Samsung changed the functionality from the note 5 to the S7s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith