Excel and word not working.

uktivo

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Got my s7 edge. My Microsoft Word and Excel don't work. When I click to open the app, nothing happens. Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to restart phone after installing them? I had to do that for an app to work yesterday.

I downloaded excel today, and it has been working fine for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have 2 step verification on your Microsoft Account? If so, you'll need the Microsoft Authenticator app from the Google Play store.

uktivo

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok. A quick update. I'm unable to fix the issue mentioned. Tried all the above suggestions. Thanks for trying to assist. One observation. Are the Microsoft apps baked into Marsh mellow? The reason I ask. Ive no way to remove them and reinstall. I can only disable them. Is this right?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Are the Microsoft apps baked into Marsh mellow? The reason I ask. Ive no way to remove them and reinstall. I can only disable them. Is this right?

It's my understanding the MS Office apps, with limited usability, are included with Marshmallow. If you didn't install them then, yes, they can't be uninstalled. Verizon apparently has deleted those apps on their phones.

uktivo

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's my understanding the MS Office apps, with limited usability, are included with Marshmallow. If you didn't install them then, yes, they can't be uninstalled. Verizon apparently has deleted those apps on their phones.

OK well it's starting to make sense a bit more. I'm unable to remove them but if enabled when I look at the apps in the play store. They say update but I have no option or button to update.
Is my only option to factor reset if I want to use these apps?

If so. I will disable them and use Google docs etc instead.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would think you should be able to update them in the store if they're enabled on the phone, just like any other built-in. Don't know whether a reset would help or not, but I would disable them and go with Google.

japali68

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Tried restarting phone, no help. Today downloaded the MS office mobile app and in there clicked word and then excel. For both apps says my phone is not compatible. Ridiculous.

japali68

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Further developments :took phone back to shop and they recommended leave it there for5-10 days or make factory reset. I did factory reset and now excel and word works. I think smtg happened when I did the data transfer from s6 to s7.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
What carrier do you have? I have Sprint and those apps didn't come with my phone. Another brand of office app came with it, but I disabled it because I already use Word/use Word on other devices, so I downloaded it from the app store.

Have you checked the Samsung app store to see if it has your app to update it from there? Some of the pre-installed stuff updates from there instead of the Play store.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
On mine, the office apps don't even show up in the Google Play store if you do a search. It's all through the Samsung store.

If they were bundling them into the phone then the least they could have done was provide a minimum of 6 months subscription with them.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung bundled them in. The apps you see are shortcuts for download through the Galaxy App Store. They still need to be downloaded hence you need a Samsung account.

And they bundled an additional 100GB to your SkyDrive account with it (2 year subscription).