Excel and word not working.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung bundled them in. The apps you see are shortcuts for download through the Galaxy App Store. They still need to be downloaded hence you need a Samsung account.

And they bundled an additional 100GB to your SkyDrive account with it (2 year subscription).

The apps are bundled in, but you still need to buy your own Office 365 subscription to get any use of them.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I have no Office 365 and I'm able to use them. You do need an Outlook.com email account, and that's it. You can use them for free.

My version of word wouldn't let me save anything unless I had a subscription just like if I installed it on another device without a subscription, even if I was signed in. I had to stump up €7 per month to access all the features and be allowed to save any work.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't pay anything for Word on multiple mobile devices nor do I have an Outlook e-mail account. When I installed it on the first device I put it on (iPad), I just signed up for a free account with OneDrive and that's what it logs into on each device. My PC has an older version of Office, not 365, so I don't have a subscription (nor would I want one).

Corelianer

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, Excel is not working. I upgraded from the S5 to the S7. I do have 2-factor authentication activated and I ave the microsoft authenticator. I always get the error "No apps can perform this action".

I found an ugly work around, when I install the Microsoft Office app, and I open my excel with the microsoft office app, then I choose the excel app, press the <-- Arrow, then I can open the excel, but it's ugly. I would like to fix the problem

Danillo Duarte

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this problem too. It says the app is blocked or not uninstalled.

Really weird, since the app is on the phone and can only be deactivated. Really annoying.

I guess I'll use Google's apps, then.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys online when opening the app? The MS Office apps you see when on TouchWiz are just shortcuts. Clicking them is supposed to open the Galaxy Apps Store and download the app first.

Drax dickens

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab when I enter word or excel it takes me to Samsung galaxy apps instead of word or excel, it does for all the Microsoft apps except onenote can anyone help

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Why do these come through Galaxy Apps and not Play anyway? I could understand if there was a free subscription through Samsung involved.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Why do these come through Galaxy Apps and not Play anyway? I could understand if there was a free subscription through Samsung involved.
Yes there is. Well not sure with your tab, but on my S7 Edge when the MS apps came from Galaxy Store, I was also given an additional 100GB on OneDrive.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is. Well not sure with your tab, but on my S7 Edge when the MS apps came from Galaxy Store, I was also given an additional 100GB on OneDrive.

I got no subscription with my S7 Edge. The apps were there and seem tied to Galaxy Apps but they had very little function until I paid for my own subscription.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I got no subscription with my S7 Edge. The apps were there and seem tied to Galaxy Apps but they had very little function until I paid for my own subscription.
I didn't pay for anything. I already had a Microsoft account I was using for my PC. After installing from the Galaxy Store I got a notification about redeeming the free 100GB from Samsung and Microsoft. If you have OneDrive installed I think the redeem button would appear in the settings.

Barry telesford

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. Got my s7 edge. My Microsoft Word and Excel don't work. When I click to open the app, nothing happens. Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks.

Hi was your problem resolved?

Word and excel is not opening for long on my s7edge too. It keeps saying that it has to close. How did you fix yours

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with word and Excel on the S8+. If my resolution is in QHD mode ( normal ) nothing will even load.
When I drop to power saving mode the app will open a document then just freeze and I can't even read it. This is supposed to be paid and supported software but it is junk!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

You needed to create a Samsung account to make use of the collaboration between MS and Samsung

LouisemB

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Ok. A quick update. I'm unable to fix the issue mentioned. Tried all the above suggestions. Thanks for trying to assist. One observation. Are the Microsoft apps baked into Marsh mellow? The reason I ask. Ive no way to remove them and reinstall. I can only disable them. Is this right?

If you go into the play store, and search them you can sometimes uninstall or upgrade them from there. i can only upgrade despite it giving me the option to uninstall - it dose'nt work.
But I have yet to be able to fix mine for more than 5 mins.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15