Wireless Charging GMC Sierra

kneedeep64

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm having issues with my wireless charging on my s7 Edge with my 16 GMC Sierra. It works perfect on my samsung wireless charger. I have tried naked and with a case and still won't pick it up. Anyone else having issues? Is there a setting that needs to be turned on in the phone? Thank you for help.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my wireless charging on my s7 Edge with my 16 GMC Sierra. It works perfect on my samsung wireless charger. I have tried naked and with a case and still won't pick it up. Anyone else having issues? Is there a setting that needs to be turned on in the phone? Thank you for help.

Is it QI compatibility? Make sure its not PMA.

NuMotiv

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Its definetly PMA. I'm not sure what samsung supports other than I know its QI 2.0

EDIT: I saw a few reviews say it was both QI and PMA.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
OP, try setting your phone on the pad before you turn your car on, and then see if it starts charging when you turn your car on. A lot of recent GM SUV models have finicky chargers and that should tell you if it works at least.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Neither my s7 edge or note 5 work on the wireless charger in my wife's tahoe. I've yet to see one that works properly on any GM model.

Posted via the Android Central App

b_rianw

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have similar issues with my S7 in my 2016 Sierra. I have had it connect maybe 5x. I had a friend try his S7 edge and it connected. Once his connected we took his off and mine was connecting. I left the vehicle came back later and it would not connect again. I have been able to get it to connect once with shutting the phone off and placing on the mat once, then could not replicate. If you figure it out would love an answer.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

So your the one who stole my truck!

J/k!

jeepin2001

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have had similar issues. I can get it to work without a case, but it is really temperamental on placement. It doesn't work more often than it works.

lakemurrayskier

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with my Verizon Galaxy S7. It will show green charging error on screen for about 4 seconds and then disappear. Never shows on phone that its charging. I have gotten in to work twice out of about 75 times. It's been in the shop 3 times for it and they say the GM tool they use to test shows that it is good and working. I also had them apply the new Android Auto update to Intellilink and it does not work either. The S7 won't recognize Android Auto even after the GMC firmware update. Very frustratrating!!

gto4spd

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I just took my 2016 Tahoe LTZ into the dealer today to get my console charger looked at since I have been unable to use my GS7 Edge with it. It also intermittently worked twice. They said it was working since they tried a GS6 and a Motorola and they started charging immediately. I went to Sprint right after that and baffled them (they didn't have a GS7 to try it with. I think I'm going to contact Samsung as I want to use the wireless charger as it was meant to be.
The Chevrolet dealer also installed Android Auto which I couldn't get working right away. I got home and found out you had to do several things to get it active. 1) you need to connect a data cable to a USB port. 2) You have to go into your phone and enable Mirrorlink. 3) you have to go into your settings area in your vehicle and enable Android Auto. After a while you get a notice on your phone that in order for any of this to work you have to download and install several google apps. It gets ok from there but still doesn't allow me to text from speech like they told me I could at the dealership. It really is not that impressive. Hope this helps.

Ratchet1

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am also having a problem with the S7 Wireless charging on my 2016 Sierra. I started doing some research on the mat in the truck and it says that its a PMA 1.0 so I thinking its a 1 amp charge (please correct me if Im wrong)

Well, I have a Charging pad from Samsung that requires the 2 amp charging cable to work and that works fine. So I figured that I would do a test of my own with my pad and my old S5 charger (which is a 1 amp charger) and the charger isn't strong enough to charge the phone, it will start charging for a few seconds and then pause.

Could it be that the PMA in the vehicles just aren't strong enough?

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Good luck- I can't get any of the electronic features of my Cadillac to work as advertised consistently.

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I had an s7 and have a 2016 Sierra denali and it works fine on the wireless charger, albeit slow. If I had a case on it at all though it wouldn't work. Unfortunately it seems to be low power. But with a naked s7 should work fine. But you do have to have the bottom of the phone lined up against the bottom of edge of the pad, if it's up front it won't charge (coils don't seem to be lined up there, only at rear).

jeff osborne

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I THINK I FOUND A SOLUTION! ! Place your s7 edge about 1/4 inch past the rubber bump stop. It will raise the rear of the phone slightly but it should begin charging. A few times I've had to remove it and replace it a couple of time but it's been pretty consistent.
Just to be clear, place the bottom of the phone about 1/4 past the rear bumper on the charging pad. I can't tell you why it works but I sure hope this helps others. BTW, my wife's note 5 wouldn't charge either but this pavement works for it as well.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay