Warning. Do not install Samsung Carmode!

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
After you run it, it caused your home button and app switching button to stop working and the only fix is a full reset. Uninstalled the app doesn't do anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have the car mode app installed, I haven't actually used it in the car, but I did install it and adjust the apps that displayed.

but I have not had any issue with the home button or anything else

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
i have the car mode app installed, I haven't actually used it in the car, but I did install it and adjust the apps that displayed.

but I have not had any issue with the home button or anything else

That's encouraging. Hopefully this is a limited issue to my phone and one or two others. For the record, it wasn't until I had finished configuring it, and connected it to my car and tried MirrorLink that the home and apps buttons stopped working.

The place I found the solution was reddit, where someone else had the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/49izrb/tricks_do_not_install_car_mode_on_your_s7_or_s7/

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i still haven't used it. I tried playing with it last night, is there a way to change the apps it displays? like it shows Google Play Music which is great, but I wanted to add PocketCasts, but I can't see anyway to adjust it

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's something with MirrorLink which, to be honest, I haven't tried.

Yeah, I didn't really want to try MirrorLink, but the VW system first tries Android Auto and Car Play, and if those don't work, it tries MirrorLink. I set it to default to Android Auto, but it kept trying MirrorLink. The phone told me to download the Samsung Carmode app to work with MirrorLink, so I got curious :). I downloaded it, and after I configured it and connected, that's when it not only didn't work (showed a blank screen with a few buttons on the bottom row that were unresponsive), and after disconnecting, my home button and apps button stopped working. So I uninstalled the app, to no avail, cleared cache to no avail, and then googled it, and found the Reddit article.

Now I used Package Disabler Pro for Samsung to disable the Carmode Stub (which was in place before). Lately, I have not been having as many problems with Android Auto, but it's still pretty unpredictable. I'm at the dealer right now for the software update, so I'll update later today.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
i still haven't used it. I tried playing with it last night, is there a way to change the apps it displays? like it shows Google Play Music which is great, but I wanted to add PocketCasts, but I can't see anyway to adjust it

Yes, within the list of supported music apps, when you select Music, you can scroll to pick which one you want, and it will remember that. There is a Podcast app that is supported, but it's not a free one. Music wise, I know Google Music, Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon are all supported.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but the service bulletin for the new software version clearly shows issues with both the Bluetooth system rebooting, and Android auto:

VW2.jpg
VW3.jpg

Attachments

• VW1.jpg
    VW1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 22

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
So far, so good. The key is that as soon as you connect the S7/Edge, you'll get prompted whether to Allow access to the car. That message disappears pretty quickly.

You have to select Allow before it disappears. If you don't do that in time, disconnect and connect again.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I need my eyes testing.

I read the title of the thread and thought Samsung had branched out a bit by developing commodes. I hadn't thought of installing one anyway as we have a flush lavatory here.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I need my eyes testing.

I read the title of the thread and thought Samsung had branched out a bit by developing commodes. I hadn't thought of installing one anyway as we have a flush lavatory here.

I think that is coming in the S8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12