I just upgraded from S5 to S7 Edge. I cannot find the "voice search" app in the list of apps. I loved having the "voice search" app icon on my home screen. That way I could tap on the icon and ask it questions without having to say "Okay Google" and have it drain my battery because it was having to listen all day long for the words "Okay Google". I did a search for the "voice search" app in the apps and it came up in the search, but I can't seem to set it up on my home screen. Any ideas?
    03-15-2016 01:57 AM
    Maybe set it up as a widget...
    03-15-2016 02:44 AM
    It's there, it's just hidden. If you search within the app drawer you can find it, but you can't long press it & drag it to a home screen. Kinda annoying. What I did was create a 1X1 zooper widget & place it on my home screen. It's transparent so I don't see it, but I know where it's at. I tap it & voice search pops up. Clean, & it works. Just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    03-15-2016 06:26 AM
    Same issue with S7. Voice Search is gone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-12-2016 08:44 PM
    Please please please explain the 1x1 zooper junk and why the heck is it not more like 2x1 or some other kinda nonsense?!?!

It's there, it's just hidden. If you search within the app drawer you can find it, but you can't long press it & drag it to a home screen. Kinda annoying. What I did was create a 1X1 zooper widget & place it on my home screen. It's transparent so I don't see it, but I know where it's at. I tap it & voice search pops up. Clean, & it works. Just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    12-02-2016 12:34 AM
    After trying everything suggested, what worked for me at least in Nova Launcher:
    -while using Nova Launcher as the desktop, hold empty space on desktop until Nova Launcher menu comes up.
    -Then Widgets, and hold Activities to drop it onto the page.
    -Click the down arrow next to Google, and choose RecordedVoiceSearchActivity with the microphone next to it.
    05-09-2018 01:28 PM