I run POP 3 email on my laptop, which is set to clear the server when it downloads to the laptop. When on the move I close my outlook and use my S7 to get copies on my phone. It is also using pop3. it is set to NOT delete email from Server.

The problem comes in that in my old S6 edge, the inbox on the S6 will clear automatically when i downloaded to my laptop as the server is now empty, and phone will sync and reflect the same. HOWEVER, on the S7 copies of the email remains on the phone, and I want my inbox cleared during synch, when Email has been retrieved on my laptop. i am one of the few users that doesn't want copies to remain on my phone.
    paulhafer and piannetta like this.
    03-15-2016 05:15 AM
    Only IMAP email works like that I think.
    03-15-2016 08:11 AM
    Only IMAP email works like that I think.
    With all due respect, I don't believe that is correct. I have used my pop 3 mail account for many years with every galaxy s series phone stock email app, and it has always performed properly as described above, until the s7. It makes no sense to do otherwise. Now if with the S7 Samsung has for whatever reason limited this functionality to only imap accounts, then this should be made very clear, and it has not been.
    piannetta likes this.
    04-13-2016 12:20 PM
    AC have you discovered a resolution on this matter, or is it a bug to be resolved...surely it's not a new "feature" by design...thanks, Paul
    04-13-2016 01:00 PM
    With all due respect, I don't believe that is correct. I have used my pop 3 mail account for many years with every galaxy s series phone stock email app, and it has always performed properly as described above, until the s7. It makes no sense to do otherwise. Now if with the S7 Samsung has for whatever reason limited this functionality to only imap accounts, then this should be made very clear, and it has not been.
    Glad it's not just me having this problem...
    04-13-2016 02:43 PM
    I can tell you that regretfully so far, Samsung technical support has been completely clueless on the issue
    04-13-2016 03:25 PM
    as a followup, I installed a different email app (K9) and discovered that it worked correctly, deleting the email from the app inbox after syncing with an empty pop3 mail server...so I would guess the issue is not with Android 6, but rather with the Samsung email app
    04-20-2016 07:41 AM
    It's Samsung email app... no need to look further than software issues with Samsung.
    04-20-2016 08:49 AM