Durability

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. This is my first edge phone and was just curious how durable it will be. I've seen the torture test and all that but I'm more so interested in every day life with a little bit of rugged use here and there. I'm a volunteer fire fighter and mostly leave my phone on the truck. But also for like hiking and camping and out doors type stuff how well will it stand up.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. This is my first edge phone and was just curious how durable it will be. I've seen the torture test and all that but I'm more so interested in every day life with a little bit of rugged use here and there. I'm a volunteer fire fighter and mostly leave my phone on the truck. But also for like hiking and camping and out doors type stuff how well will it stand up.

Are you referring to the phone naked, or in a case with a screen protector?

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Cased with a zagg on it.

That's about as good as it's going to get, that said.. it's not going to be as durable as a flat screened phone (i.e. no "Edge") simply because the edges cannot be completely protected. However, if you take care to treat your phone more carefully than you have with other phones, it should hold up OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool