Gear VR: I am diggin' it!

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Full disclosure: I am a 67 year old woman. I do not do the gaming that other users would probably get a greater kick out of. My uses are more limited, and even I love it. I have been going to the Ocean Rift experience recently, and it's great. You get to swim around under the ocean; I actually yelled out (and laughed) when a large manatee swam right up to me or when I was in a shark cage and a great white came right at me.
For Netflix alone it is worth it. You get to watch movies/tv shows on the big (theatre sized) screen from the luxurious interior of my mountain side mansion (my media room is a grand two story environment - I must be rather affluent) from the comfort of my actual life bed.
The first night I used this I sprung for a paid movie, "The Martian" in 3D. It was wonderful, but the free stuff alone is good, and, since the apparatus itself was free, well how could I go wrong?
Really happy with this. Can you tell?

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So there are movies on Netflix we can use the VR with? How does that work?
You get the use of your whole Netflix account. You go to the Netflix option in the library menu, and you are just in Netflix as if you are using the app on your TV or your pc, etc. All the movies, all the TV shows. Anything. It's just that you get to watch all the selections on a big movie theatre sized screen, from your mansion in Colorado (you look to the side and you see the mountains out of your two story windows).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I can't wait till my claim gets approved and they send me mine :D.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You get the use of your whole Netflix account. You go to the Netflix option in the library menu, and you are just in Netflix as if you are using the app on your TV or your pc, etc. All the movies, all the TV shows. Anything. It's just that you get to watch all the selections on a big movie theatre sized screen, from your mansion in Colorado (you look to the side and you see the mountains out of your two story windows).

I get it! I have a really huge house. I mean it's the biggest one in Colorado. :D

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Holy **** thats awesome. Hows the quality of the videos is it like pixelated?

Posted via the Android Central App

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Where do you find apps for the gear vr? Is there an easy to use catalog of them or are they just spread out?

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could recall the forum I was on, but they were saying you can load your own movie files onto your phone and watch it with your GVR including 3D movies. The stipulation there is you need to create a separate folder (can't remember if you call it "3D" or just any folder or not) in order for that to work. I don't have mine yet, but I'm anxious to see how this works as well.

Last edited:

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Where do you find apps for the gear vr? Is there an easy to use catalog of them or are they just spread out?

Once you jack your phone into the vr headset you take it out and the software will install to the phone and you can access everything on your phone from the Oculus app.

Last edited:

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

There is a menu that appears when you first put on the VR each time. There are apps that are free or for pay. You get them right inside the experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR