Where's the "Music" app?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
On my previous Samsung devices I've always had an app labeled "Music" and it was a basic music player for music I have pre-loaded on an SD card. I don't want to use Milk or Google Music, since I already have the music and don't need to stream it. On my new S7 Edge on ATT, I do not see a basic "Music" app, so how do I access the music on my card?

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Go to your Samsung folder within apps and hit GALAXY APPS icon and you can download the MUSIC app there along with the VIDEO PLAYER APP and the VOICE RECORDER APP from Samsung for free. Why they removed their proprietary apps that people love is beyond me cause I hate Google's apps for gallery, music, and video.

Also, I wish Samsung would add a new feature that updates MUSIC ART in their MSUIC APP. I hate that they never added this feature in. UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I am returning this phone as soon as I get my free VR gift and going back to my Note 4.

bsack007

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
OK, I need help b/c I'm BRAND new to android. I downloaded the music app, but I can't find my music on my SD card within the app. When I go to the "folders" tab, it only lists the '/My device/' folder. I've played around with it and can't figure out how to add the folder on my SD card...Can anyone give me some help?

Should I just go find a different music player app? Recommendations? Thanks!

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
OK, I need help b/c I'm BRAND new to android. I downloaded the music app, but I can't find my music on my SD card within the app. When I go to the "folders" tab, it only lists the '/My device/' folder. I've played around with it and can't figure out how to add the folder on my SD card...Can anyone give me some help?

I bet that you'll need to put all your music in a folder called "Music"

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bet that you'll need to put all your music in a folder called "Music"
I don't think you have to do that. With Android phones, everything that on the phone and SD card would automatically be indexed by the OS. When I loaded about 80GB of music on my phone, I opened the music app and it took about 30 minutes before all my music showed up in the music app. Some of it showed up immediately and the rest showed as the system indexed it.

I can take my SD card out and plug into my computer and make a folder with my dogs name as the folder name and put pictures of my dog in it. Once I put the card into my phone, those pictures will automatically show up in the photos app. Same should work with music.

SamCarterX302

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Can you see your SD card (and it's contents) through Settings > Storage or My Files or your file manager app of choice?

As far as other music apps for playing local music, I used musicxmatch prior to getting my Edge, and still default to it a lot. Black Player is another popular one.