Thinking ahead to when we'll all receive our Gear VR headsets, we'll need:

- a bluetooth headset in order to hear the sounds/sound effects without being tethered

- a controller of some sort, game controller or some other type of controller, in order to better navigate the menus while looking through the Gear VR.

May I ask if the good folks here know if BOTH of those may be paired AT THE SAME TIME and used AT THE SAME TIME when our S7 Edge is inside the Gear VR headset? That would be how these two accessories would be used, right?

Also: which Bluetooth game controller or controller would we recommend as the "best" for this purpose, i.e. using with the Gear VR?

03-15-2016 10:55 AM
    I have done this. Played on Gear VR/S7 Edge with my Plantronics Backbeat Pro headset and the Steelseries Stratus XL controller both paired via bluetooth simultaneously with no issues. Quite the experience.
    03-15-2016 12:32 PM
    It is a matter of the Bluetooth profile used by each connection. Like you can't have two headphone devices attached at once.

So as long as they aren't the same profile or the profile supports multiple devices at once you are fine. Just depends on the device combinations.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 02:46 PM