'Content hidden' lock screen notifications - S7 Edge: why don't they show details?

arkfour

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I actually returned my S7 for this very reason. I prefer access to email previews on the lock screen so I am sticking with my iPhone 5S until this bug is rectified

TrumpsTheGuy

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: 'Content hidden' lock screen notifications - S7 edge

S7- My messages are now visible on the lock screen. I opened the messages app, selected more, selected settings, selected notifications, selected/ turned on preview messages in popup and lock screen.

mdwheaton

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I also have a Note 7.
The trick was to REMOVE lock screen security. Then re-enable lock screen security. You will then be presented with options to change what content displays by default on the lock screen.

Levy Barnes

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with hidden content on the locked screen on my Note 7, and the suggestion worked, thank you!

The issue was resolved because I had the hide content on locked screen switched on.

Jay C2

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Last try, go Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Email(for example) and under notifications it will show everything. I have content show and my settings read as follow.

Previews in pop-ups - ON
Hide on lock screen - OFF
Hide content on lock screen - OFF

thank you so much!! This worked for me!!

JacoGordo

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Created an account because I accidentally stumbled onto a solution. I was trying to do all of the above suggestions and none of those worked. In my notifications, I had show notification, tried restarting the phone, all of it. Nothing. Then I did this:

1. From the lock screen, do a long press on whatever notification says "Content Hidden."
2. There should be an option called "Hide content on lock screen." This should be moved to "Off."

That did it for me. I had to go notification type by notification type, but it seems to do the job. I would love to know how or why the Content Hidden thing happened (I didn't set that on my phone) or if there is a way to do the fix globally, but I hope this helps some people.

diane93906

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Hide content in some app notifications: If you want to have notifications on your lock screen, but hide sensitive information in some of those apps (like a messaging app), first enable lock screen notifications to show content as above. Then head into settings > notifications > ADVANCED. Here you can manage the notifications of each individual app. You can opt to hide content from the lock screen here for specific apps.

This finally worked for me! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkBridgett

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
This worked for me for the BBC News app where I had this problem.

Last try, go Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Email(for example) and under notifications it will show everything. I have content show and my settings read as follow.

Previews in pop-ups - ON
Hide on lock screen - OFF
Hide content on lock screen - OFF

Investintulum

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same or not but for me I just discovered I can hold finger down on the contents hidden notification for a second or so and it will then open an options dialogue box where I have the option to change the "sensitivity" setting.
I hope this helps someone.

Trini1979

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: 'Content hidden' lock screen notifications - S7 edge

So I must have fiddled with one setting too much. All my notifications on the lock screen show no details, just 'Content hidden'. Which I don't want.

I've tried the workarounds from previous Android versions and the s5/s6 but nothing seems to work. Lock screen and security is set to show content and all other applications are allowed to show notifications.

Any workarounds or other settings I've missed in Android 6 would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Go to settings -> Lock screen and security -> select notifications on lock screen -> show content for the application that isn't showing. Voila! Hope this helped.

kz121.xp

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks
it worked like magic
Appreciated !!!
Can you please clarify what steps resolved this issue? It just started happening on my galaxy s8 with the stock email app syncing to an exchange server - I didn't knowingly change anything and neither did my exchange administrator...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you please clarify what steps resolved this issue? It just started happening on my galaxy s8 with the stock email app syncing to an exchange server - I didn't knowingly change anything and neither did my exchange administrator...
It's in the post above.
Go to settings -> Lock screen and security -> select notifications on lock screen -> show content for the application that isn't showing. Voila! Hope this helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1