In real life, how often do you use the edge? Is it useful?

Is the Edge useful to you?

• Total voters

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
on the Note Edge, when you watch a video or play music, the audio/video controls are in the edge panel and app notifications appear there as well. When a phone call comes in, you answer it from the edge panel allowing you to remain in the app you were in. The caller ID info also shows in that panel when the call comes in and you hang up from that panel as well.

When you are viewing a panel on the Note Edge, it allows you to continue doing what you were doing on the main screen as well unlike the S7 Edge. .

Sounds like how the V10 second screen worked

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use it. I turned it off initially but turned it back on with 2 tabs. Weather and my data usage. That's it.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I like it, useful for keeping a sparse home screen and still have good access to my most used apps. Not finding the tasks bar so useful though, would like the option to have another couple of columns of apps.

It's certainly more than a gimmick, but some aspects will be more useful to some people than others...

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it a few times a day. If it had the same functionality as the Note Edge from last year, I think the phone would be absolute perfection.

In was you aren't aware, on the Note Edge, when you watch a video or play music, the audio/video controls are in the edge panel and app notifications appear there as well. When a phone call comes in, you answer it from the edge panel allowing you to remain in the app you were in. The caller ID info also shows in that panel when the call comes in and you hang up from that panel as well.

When you are viewing a panel on the Note Edge, it allows you to continue doing what you were doing on the main screen as well unlike the S7 Edge. On the S7 Edge as you know, when you are using panel, the rest of the screen is blurred out. What's the point in that?

I understand that they want the S7 Edge to be a completely different phone then the Note Edge but really, most of the stuff the "edge" panels do on the S7 Edge could be done without an edge panel... in my opinion.

I still like my S7 Edge and do not regret buying it.

Agreed. The Note Edge was one of my favorite phones of all time. Almost regret not buying it outright before I got my other phones. It would be a nice one to keep on hand

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but....

On my prior phone, I used an edge launcher to quickly access my most used apps. With Edge I don't need that 3rd party tool. OTOH, I don't really need a curved screen to do that, either.

Maybe the biggest advantage of the curved screen is that it makes for a very narrow 5.5" phone.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love the people edge and colored circles. I love seeing the colored tabs on the side. And today I tried the light up and it was pretty cool. But I don't really know how to set anything else up on the edge and haven't played with it yet but I guess it would be nice to have a clean home screen and your favorites on the edge. I'll have to mess around with it more this weekend when I'm off.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying out the Edge panel on the left side today to see if it helps me make a call with one hand at my job. I have the keypad shortcut on the tasks edge panel on my thumb can easily reach it now instead of going to the phone app and trying to get to the keypad icon which is on the right side.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I keep the apps in the edge panel that used to be on my home screen other than that I don't use it much at all. Mainly bought the edge version for the sleeker look and feel, bigger display, and bigger battery. I could do without the Edge panel but I guess it's good to have it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just need to train my brain to use it more when in other apps and I believe it could be useful (for me at least).