making a video call

ujprete

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Can not figure out how to make a video call the icon doesn't even show up when I bring up the contact and I know they also have the s7 edge. Everything is enabled what am I doing wrong.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
You and the person you are calling must have phone that support video calling. Currently that would be the Samsung Galaxy S6 line up, the Note 5 and the S7 phones. If the other party has a compatible phone exchange the video icon will appear in the contact next to the phone number

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Weird. The video icon shows up for me on Verizon to call a Verizon iPhone. Haven't tried it, but it's there. I assumed since his was an iPhone it automatically wouldn't work, but now I'm curious.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It's only network to network at the moment. Works great with other Verizon phones. My wife has att and it works well with her friend who is also on att. Won't work for us if we try so we download tango and it works great

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Weird. The video icon shows up for me on Verizon to call a Verizon iPhone. Haven't tried it, but it's there. I assumed since his was an iPhone it automatically wouldn't work, but now I'm curious.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

None of the people I know that have Iphones have the video icon on my contacts. We are all on Verizon. Is there something they need to do to activate it?

sfldg

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
None of the people I know that have Iphones have the video icon on my contacts. We are all on Verizon. Is there something they need to do to activate it?

there are two things that need to happen to do video call. Both of you need samsung phones note 4 and higher. Both of you need to be on vzw. You cannot video chat with a iphon stock.. unless you use a third party app like tango/ skype

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
there are two things that need to happen to do video call. Both of you need samsung phones note 4 and higher. Both of you need to be on vzw. You cannot video chat with a iphon stock.. unless you use a third party app like tango/ skype

That is what I thought. I know that IOS 9.3 beta is out and thought it might be available in that update.

Posted via the Android Central App

ujprete

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Ended up going to the samsung counter at best buy to get this sorted out because it wouldn't even work with my wife's phone the guy got it working and told me that it different carriers shouldn't matter so long as both devices support it

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Its only carrier to carrier. My mom has an S7 and I have an S7E and we can not get it to work as she is on Verizon and I am on ATT.

Roband200

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Ended up going to the samsung counter at best buy to get this sorted out because it wouldn't even work with my wife's phone the guy got it working and told me that it different carriers shouldn't matter so long as both devices support it

I have saint, but family has tmobile? I hv s7 and I just upgraded. Use to videocall from note 4 without any issue tmobile to tmobile. I would like to know how you were able to get this to work.

ratsyrat

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
my husband and i both got the new samsung galaxy s7 edge and we use verizon. we managed to do the video call once and it was really cool to see each other, but then it has never worked since. it always says something like cant use this feature during call. i cant push the video button before i call either but in the setting videocall is enabled. i assume it means you have to pay for some extra feature to use this and they let us try it once for free or something??what would that feature be you have to add to your plan??how much??and can you then videocall others as well?i have a friend that got a LGV10 fi. or is this feature on the phone, somehow worked once, but not supported by verizon??

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Tango with my dad who has AT&T and iphone. But I just went to my contacts me and husband both just got the S7 Edge and like someone above said it's not on our Sprint phones.