So at first I wasn't paying much attention to the Apps Edge, thinking its just another gimmick and it's just extra space for a few more short cuts. Recently I've been playing around with it and found it to be a very good multi tasking tool. Basically since the edge toggle is always on top no matter what app you're in (except games I assume), you could just swipe it out and jump into another app from there, without minimising or exiting your current app.
    SprintFun and Techno-guy like this.
    03-15-2016 07:05 PM
    Totally agree ... I'm using it way more than I thought I would ... love the yahoo sports and s planner agenda panels especially ... also using the CNN and apps edge panels. Its a Very handy gimmick!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 07:24 PM
    I'm the complete opposite. The Apps Edge was pretty useless to me.
    jdfry15 and ktabel01 like this.
    03-15-2016 07:31 PM
    I use Apps Edge all the time. Sports scores and headline news is great in and of itself, but I love being able to quickly swipe for both personal and work contacts without having to exit what I'm doing.

03-15-2016 07:35 PM
    I go between the edge panel and the menus button to the left of home screen depends on what I'm doing

03-15-2016 07:50 PM
    I'm the complete opposite. The Apps Edge was pretty useless to me.
    Do you do a lot of multitasking? Try assigning a few of your most used apps to the Edge and avoid using the back or multitask button, you will find it a very handy tool.
    03-15-2016 07:57 PM
    Do you do a lot of multitasking? Try assigning a few of your most used apps to the Edge and avoid using the back or multitask button, you will find it a very handy tool.
    I don't do a lot of multitasking. All the apps I use are in neat little folders on the homescreen.
    03-15-2016 08:08 PM
    Yeah, CNN and Apps edge panels are great!!
    03-15-2016 08:26 PM
    I've grown fond of the edge myself.
    03-15-2016 08:38 PM
    Im a twitter junkie. I don't own an S7E yet but I would love it if Android had a twitter client with auto scrolling. If so I would have that running on my edge panel. Anyone know if that is possible and if there is such a twitter client app for android?
    03-15-2016 08:57 PM
    I came from using the Note Edge over a year ago to using this one. I'm glad they brought back a ton of function to the Edge screen. I use the Apps drawer, People, and the Weather. My home screen is bare naked, and I love it. I use the Edge panels continuously throughout the day. I liked that you could have more than one App Edge on the Note Edge. I must not have played with it enough yet to see if I could do that. I had my Note Edge set up with two Apps panels, the panel game that was preloaded, and the notifications bar.

So, in closing....I'm loving it.
    03-15-2016 09:02 PM
    Im a twitter junkie. I don't own an S7E yet but I would love it if Android had a twitter client with auto scrolling. If so I would have that running on my edge panel. Anyone know if that is possible and if there is such a twitter client app for android?
    There's actually an edge panel called twitter trends available in the edge screen menu that you can sign into your twitter with and view it as one of your edge panels.

Here's a screen shot

Attached Thumbnails Apps Edge is much more useful than I've expected-1316.jpg  
    Michial Brown likes this.
    03-15-2016 09:06 PM
    There's actually an edge panel called twitter trends available in the edge screen menu that you can sign into your twitter with and view it as one of your edge panels.

Here's a screen shot

Cool. Thanks. I don't like my feed filtered with trends. Im hoping there is an android twitter client that features auto scrolling I could put there. Im on iOS though and have no clue about android apps. iOS has Tweetbot and Twitterrific and Echofon that autoscroll.

03-15-2016 09:17 PM
    My bad ... I just tried the twitter trends panel again... you don't actually sign into your twitter account ... it simply shows you trending topics based on your location... still pretty neat though . If they ever update it to alow you to view your personal twitter feed that would be really handy

03-15-2016 09:17 PM
    Really loving, and using, the Edge Panels too. Hope that many more Panels come along over the next few months.
    03-15-2016 09:58 PM
    I have been using pie control for years to swipe between apps without going to the home screen. I find it to be much more flexible than the apps edge for my needs
    03-15-2016 10:22 PM