Does anyone know when, or if, AT&T will enable wifi calling on the 7 edge? I'm grandfathered into my unlimited data plan and wifi calling is the only feature I miss from my iPhone.

Let me know.
    03-15-2016 10:27 PM
    I would contact the carrier for this information.
    03-15-2016 10:31 PM
    WiFi calling finally available on today's AT&T update.
    I've been suffering by subpar reception since I switched from iPhone to the S7e. Call me crazy for sticking it out but I really enjoy the S7e a lot more. Now I'll be able to make calls from home on my cell. Crazy, right?
    07-27-2016 04:32 PM
    Lucky you. I have an S7 Edge that I get no signal on in my house. I bought it through a third party in the UK (carphonewarhouse) and my carrier (Vodafone) says that because of this I can't enable wifi calling on the phone. Very frustrating!
    07-28-2016 01:25 PM
    Lucky you. I have an S7 Edge that I get no signal on in my house. I bought it through a third party in the UK (carphonewarhouse) and my carrier (Vodafone) says that because of this I can't enable wifi calling on the phone. Very frustrating!
    Wow that sounds frustrating! Is the phone unlocked? I was reading that the unlocked phones in the states are having WiFi calling compatibility issues because they're not bound or supported by the carrier.
    07-28-2016 03:26 PM
    Does anyone know when, or if, AT&T will enable wifi calling on the 7 edge? I'm grandfathered into my unlimited data plan and wifi calling is the only feature I miss from my iPhone.

Let me know.
    I also have the grandfathered unlimited and wifi calling works for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2016 11:17 PM
    Wow that sounds frustrating! Is the phone unlocked? I was reading that the unlocked phones in the states are having WiFi calling compatibility issues because they're not bound or supported by the carrier.
    My understanding is that the third party (carphone warehouse) gets unlocked phones from Samsung and then locks them to whatever carrier you go with. So its a sort of gray area between unlocked and carrier locked. Unfortunately Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse or Samsung are willing to take responsibility to enable Wifi Calling on it. The latter two are rightly blaming the carrier.

I just had a massive rant at Vodafone (who I also think is responsible) saying that they shouldn't allow Carphone Warehouse to sell phones on their behalf unless they make it expressly clear to the customer that this feature is not available, Carphone Warehouse are actually highlighting Wifi Calling as a feature on the specs for the phone.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint see if that gets me any where. All it would take is Vodafone to take ownership of the problem and take the phone and reflash it.
    07-29-2016 05:26 AM