No more Lock Screen Animation

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm bummed they did away with this feature. I have the Note 5 as was surprised when they only included a couple effects for that phone, but enjoyed the sparkling bubble effect. I know of its trivial, but I think it looks really cool and to get rid of it entirely kind of sucks. Maybe nobody really cares because I haven't seen it brought up. Oh well, guess I'll start using the fingerprint scanner to unlock my screen now since the animation was the only reason I didn't before.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is fast enough you probably won't even look at your lockscreen anymore. I too liked the animations before, and am also sad they did away with them, but it's not something I'll truly miss like some other stuff like the Multitasking launcher or not having those hideous, obnoxious heads up notifications (yes, I know that last one is Android's fault in general, not just Samsung).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Goes both ways... Have seen complaints of people who don't like it.

Personally it wasn't a big deal since I rarely use the lock screen with fps anyway

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is fast enough you probably won't even look at your lockscreen anymore. I too liked the animations before, and am also sad they did away with them, but it's not something I'll truly miss like some other stuff like the Multitasking launcher or not having those hideous, obnoxious heads up notifications (yes, I know that lastl one is Android's fault in general, not just Samsung).

I don't use the finger print reader as it messes with Bluetooth headsets.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't use the finger print reader as it messes with Bluetooth headsets.

i would also like to know what's going on. i've used it with three headsets of different brands and had no issues...

as for the animation, i liked some of them, but i am the most relieved that the "bloop" sound effect is finally gone! that was smallest biggest thing i hated about samsung phones since the s3.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Never was a fan of the sound effects, but I did enjoy the animation. It was easy enough to disable that I'm just surprised that they did away with it all together. I do think that the fingerprint scanner is more refined and accurate so I'm actually getting used to it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When driving, initiating a call using BT headset still has you unlock the phone first before you can say call mom. It does bypass the finger print, but still have to swipe to home screen to initiate.

Yes, I've turned on all the Google stuff, trusted devices and etc. But it still is a Hassel.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm...nope, I do that too with the car's system, Android Wear and the headphones I wear around the house. They all work without unlocking the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar