Gmail Doesn't Work On S7 Edge

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Had my edge for a few days and my gmails are not coming thru. I have to manually check for my emails to come thru.

Worked fine on my note 5 did a factory rest but its still happennng. Is there a issue at the moment with gmail?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I have to hit refresh 3 to 4imes before I get new emails. I'll turn my Note 4 on wifi and the email will come quicker and I don't even have to hit refresh on the Note 4. Remind you that my Note 4 has no sim card since it is now in my S7 Edge. I have not once gotten a new Gmail email since i got my new phone automatically. I've always to force it by hitting refresh. I went into settings and SYNC is checked out. I am so ready to throw this S7 Edge against the wall.

Anyone else have this issue?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, have to agree with @VetteVert, Gmail and all the accounts I have linked through it work fine. Have you adjusted the settings for sync and notifications? Have you disabled the Samsung Email account? I believe that needs to be enabled for other email to work correctly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Gmail push working fine for me on my S7 Edge via T-Mobile. Do you guys have restrict background data on? That could be causing it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Multiple threads at google help about this. It is the app not the phone. It will work fine for days then you sit fir hours waiting for an email only to find a manual refresh brings it right in. I put my Gmail account in sammy email app now it always comes promptly. I have this same problem in 3 different phones.

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, i figured out what the problem could be. I had power saving mode on. And since disabling it my emails seem to be working.... Heres hoping

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Settings - Battery - More- Optimized battery usage- Click down arrow on top left and change to All apps - Turn off Gmail and Inbox.

crispyone

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Settings - Battery - More- Optimized battery usage- Click down arrow on top left and change to All apps - Turn off Gmail and Inbox.

I'm having issues with gmail as well. I have to manually refresh to get my emails. I'm going to try this and see if it works for a day or two.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have intermittent gmail problems as described. I turned off optimize battery usage for gmail. Sometimes it comes through instantly, other times several hours or maybe never as I give up and manually refresh. I know google got the email because it is in my inbox using webmail. Maybe I will try switching to samsung's email app, that works consistently with exchange. Although some of you report gmail works fine for you, maybe you don't have enough data yet to say it works all the time. The gmail app was consistently good on my moto x 2013.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

I have spent a week trying to figure out why the heck the native email app would not work correctly. I also have Good (POS in it's own right) for work email and it would not pull new emails either unless I physically opened the app. It appears this has now fixed those issues as I have turned the Optimization off for these apps. THANK YOU!